1

Disclaimer: I do NOT own Haikyuu or ANY media used (unless specified).

Also for story purposes, my baby Saltyshima won't have glasses, and Shoyo and (y/n) are a year younger.

No one's POV

"Young ones, come closer to me," the old monk said as the two princes of the Moon Kingdom snuggled up to each other.

The incense burned in a soothing manner as gentle music echoed through the pagoda.

Rain poured outside.

The old monk raised his hands and a burst of papers moved around, forming into Origami. He raised figures in the sky and began the old tale.

"In a land far to the east, the Sun Kingdom prospered. In a land far to the west, the Moon Kingdom also prospered."

"Each kingdom thrived and trade was accessible and the people were happy."

"One day, the Sun Kingdom's king forgot to raise the sun on time. This caused the Moon Kingdom to become upset and so, they raised the moon later and set the balance between the two off-course."

The two princes watched in wonder as the monk moved shapes of people and other objects in the air.

"Through the unbalanced life, the two kingdoms began to go to war with each other. Thousands of lives were lost and this upset the gods."

A single origami rose above the rest and through the flickering lights, the two young princes watched with wonder.

"The gods descended upon our ancestors, saying that the two kingdoms would be separated until the 23rd king of the Sun Kingdom and Moon Kingdom ruled. Their children would be the bridge point between the two kingdoms and they'd be united once more."

"The rulers were stripped of their powers to raise the sun and moon. The gods took charge of it once more and the connection between the two kingdoms has been sealed off for 23 generations. A thick fog layer swirled around the two kingdoms and it would only begin to lift on the youngest Moon King's child's 18th birthday."

The monk looked down at the young blonde prince.

"That is you. When the time comes, you and the princess of the Sun Kingdom will someday marry and the two kingdoms will reunite once more."

Reader POV

"(y/n)!!!" My orange-haired twin shouted. "Mother says she wants you up now!"

I groaned in displeasure as Shoyo jumped onto my bed, causing my form to jump off the bed.

"Shoyo! Don't do that," I scolded. "Why can't you just wake me up like a normal brother?"

He smiled with his eyes closed as the morning sun reflected off his orange hair. "Because I'm not a normal brother!"

"Fair."

Then our youngest sister, Natsu, came running in.

She jumped onto the bed with us.

They exited the room and I got dressed with the help of my ladies in waiting.

Today was the day that the fog would be lifted that separated the two kingdoms from each other

The royal messenger declared that today was Prince Kei Tsukishima's 18th birthday.

Shoyo and I were 17 while Natsu was 11.

"Ah, you look absolutely beautiful," Mother smiled at me as I walked into the palace's throne room.

Our mother had my looks while my two other siblings looked like our father.

"Are you ready to meet them?" Father asked as I sat down with them to eat some breakfast. "It's been over hundreds of years since we saw the Moon Kingdom."

Shoyo glanced at me with worry. He knew that the legends spoke of the 23rd Sun King's daughter and how she would marry the 23rd Moon King's son who would be 18 when the fog lifted.

I knew that there was another Moon Prince, Prince Akiteru Tsukishima.

He wasn't the crown prince of the Moon Kingdom, since that title belonged to his younger brother.

"Yes," I said as I poured some tea for everyone.

We were all dressed in our finest that would symbolize the Sun Kingdom, which was known for its beautiful harvests and generally anything having to do with the sun.

The Moon Kingdom was mostly known for its captivating moon celebrations and of course everything having to do with nighttime.

The view of the waters that separated the two kingdoms was beautiful in the sunlight.

Indeed, the fog was lifted.

We could see the very distant shores of the Moon Kingdom.

It was close, but those who tried to cross were lost in the thick fog, never heard from again.

Once breakfast was done, I walked with Shoyo and Natsu around the palace gardens.

There was happiness in the air. For the first time in hundreds of years, the two kingdoms would have contact with one another.

Tsukishima POV

I was standing on the deck of the huge ship that was bringing us to the Sun Kindom to the east.

Akiteru patted my shoulder. "Nervous?"

I brushed his hand off me, scowling. "Not at all. I'm genuinely curious to meet my betrothed."

Internally, I was scowling. I didn't want to marry anyone, but it was my duty as the crown prince of the Moon Kingdom to follow the legend set by the gods above.

Us royals could control some aspects of night, like the stars in the sky. I had memorized each constellation in the night sky and when they should show up, in honor of the spirits they were named after.

It was said the royals of the Sun Kingdom could control the intensity of the sun's rays and use the light to make lanterns for the festivals.

The ship drew closer to the royal palace of the Sun Kingdom. Cherry blossoms surrounded the huge palace and some swirled around the ship in a welcoming manner.

Let us meet, daughter of the 23rd Sun King.

______

So how do you like this so far?

Ngl, I'm actually really hyped for this one.