11

Reader POV

The first wave of warriors hit us violently.

"DEFEND THE BARRICADE!" Kageyama shouted as he summoned his water magic after dipping his hands in the water and creating huge waves to drown out the enemy.

"ALL LEGIONS OF NOHEBI! SERVE YOUR COUNTRY WELL!" Daishou held his right hand out in a salute with his ring and pinky fingers curled, the other three fingers pointed. 

His warriors flew in green and gold smoke in the air, attacking the shadow warriors lead by two generals: Capricorn and Pisces.

I looked at Kei, remembering our joint promise.

I will protect you at all costs even if it costs me my life and future.

"Let's go." He picked up his sword.

Last night, we had forged our swords with the help of the most skilled swordsmakers of the Dateko region who were known for their iron walls and weaponry.

But what made these swords special was the fact that it had the shards of the gem embedded into the handle.

It was easier to carry.

The first, second, third, fourth, and fifth waves went in our favor.

However, our powers began to dwindle, except mine since the sun was shining brightly.

"I don't know how long our forces can keep this up," Terushima said. "They already broke through the barricade and their waves keep getting stronger and stronger."

Kei glanced at me. "You can't keep fighting,"

I glared at him. "Fuck off, Kei. I can and will fight."

He shook his head. "No, you won't." He lifted my shirt and cringed when he saw blood seeping from my side. He healed it since I didn't see it. "See? You're hurt."

"Not only that, but you're pregnant," an elder named Malkin said. "You must be careful, Your Highness."

Night fell and another wave of shadow warriors came, lead by Leo.

However, our forces were overwhelmed and we were forced to retreat.

I was hurt badly, but I managed to heal myself.

But not our child.

An arrow was struck into my abdomen and I wasn't able to heal it until I got to the camp.

Kei placed a protective barrier around us as we retreated to the moonstone mountains.

Underneath the light of the moon, I stripped and waded into the cool waters, letting my tears mix with the clear water.

"(y/n)."

I turned around and saw Kei. 

He stripped and waded into the water with me, wrapping his arms around me. "I'm sorry."