10

<That is how the Shadow Kingdom flies if they aren't riding on top of Ember Dragons>

Hosodaki Luco POV

The rattling of chains alerted me of my brother's presence.

"Luco," Koro said. "What are you doing in the North Tower? You should be preparing for battle."

I pushed my pink bangs to the side and looked at my brother. "Why are you doing this, Ko?"

"Childish nicknames should not be used by the future ruler of the united three kingdoms," the ravenette said.

"Koro," I said. "Why are you doing this? Why are you not content with our vast kingdom of shadow?"

My elder brother stepped onto the balcony and watched as our shadow warriors trained. "You don't understand this now, brother. But you will when we go face-to-face in battle with Tsukishima Kei and Hinata (y/n)." His grip on the railing tightened and caused the dark marble to crack a bit.

"I don't get it." I stood next to my brother. "Why can't we just have peace? Why must we start a war?"

Koro's purple eyes flashed. "Luco. You know the story. Our ancestor was betrayed."

"I don't think it was betrayal," I said quietly. "It wasn't Princess Helina's fault for loving Prince Akiro instead of Prince Hoshi."

Koro's grip on the railing tightened and crumbled in his hands. "You are a fool, Luco. You know that it is considered treason to go against the will of our ancestors-of our parents?"

"But brother-"

He placed a magic seal on me to stop me from speaking and moving. "Until I can trust you, you will be locked in your room. I cannot have the future king of the united empire hesitant."

Guards carried my form to my room with Koro following.

"I'm sorry, Brother." He placed an enchantment on the door and window of my room in the southwestern tower.

I tried to use my magic and get out, but my brother's magic far outweighed mine.

"KORO!" I screamed. "Let me out!"

But my brother didn't.

He walked out from the tower where I was kept and jumped off the balcony, making wings out of shadow and flying down.

"LET ME OUT!" I screamed.

No one came.

Hosodaki Koro POV

I flew down to the courtyard of the castle and raised my staff with the smallest shard of the purple, blue, and red gem that we managed to get back from the Soluna castle before it crumbled.

The rest of the gem was kept by Luco in his staff hidden in the castle where even he didn't know where it was.

"LET US REJOICE!" I screamed. "OUR FORCES HAVE SUCCESSFULLY BREACHED THE BARRICADE THAT SEPARATED US FROM REACHING OUR ENEMIES!"

My people raised their weapons in the air and cheered loudly.

"FOLLOW ME TO VICTORY!" I raised the staff into the sky and let out a huge surge of magic into the mist, propelling the clouds into huge bundles.

The two generals of weather flew up and used their magic to start bringing storm clouds in the direction of the Solunan empire.

I snapped my fingers and everyone turned into shadow-propelling vessels for easier combat and travel.

Following my lead, we all flew into the air and began our journey towards our enemies.

The first assault on their troops went well.

We were dividing it up into thirteen attacks, each attack lead by one of my twelve generals until I, with our most elite warriors, attacked with the force of Hosodaki's wrath for centuries upon centuries.

"Today is the day we take back the rights of our empire," I said to my second-in-command, my cousin Hosodaki Ren.

He had the same hairstyle as I, but his hair was a deep red and his eyes were amber since our fathers were brothers, and he had magic almost the same as I and Luco.

Luco had insane magic, but I told him his magic was weaker so he could train it better.

Even when he was a baby, his magic ratio was outweighing even the highest general's.

While Ren and Luco preferred to wear lighter-colored clothing, I stuck with deep purples and blacks.

"The crown of the empire rests in your hands," Ren said. "The blood of the Hosodaki family makes it our birthright to reclaim the throne as we once did long before the sun and moon gods came to be."

I nodded, remembering the legend.

It was the stars that came to be and with the death of the star god Stella, it gave way for the two gods of the sun and moon to rule the universe which we lived.

It was a legend that was the birth of everything, but a long-forgotten one by the rest of the world-except our kingdom.

We approached the barricade where my forces awaited.

Those who died had their ghosts lingering about.

Since us with in the royal Hosodaki bloodline could see and interact with the dead, I was informed of everything.

Capricorn and Pisces told us how their warriors were almost wiped out in the first and second bout.

But as the sixth and seventh came past the wall forged by ancient magic, the wall crumbled and our forces were fighting by the ancient relic in the eastern mountains in the Solunan empire.

"Are you ready?" Ren asked me.

I nodded and we raised our palms.

"Unifying Shadow Magic: Tides of the Undead!"

The spirits of the undead took a physical form of shadow and concrete, jumping onto the nearest Solunan warrior as my two generals above battled one of the Solunan royal guards, Nishinoya Yuu in a weather battle.

Lightning flashed across the sky and rain poured down, making the blood of both sides run into the stream beside the battlefield.

This was war and we were winning.

______

Hope you enjoyed this