part two - fight

four months had passed since the feline incident and hawks and i have still been training. he noticed that my apartment wasn't even remotely close to his so he offered a room in his house. to repay him, i cook and clean.

"good morning, kid! what's for breakfast?"

"pancakes. and would you stop calling me kid? you aren't much older than me!"

"oh, would you prefer.. pipsqueak? and yes, you may be almost the same age as me, but have you seen how short you are?"

i glared at him. "you're just stupidly tall." i muttered, throwing the pancake onto a plate and handing it to my annoying housemate. changing the subject, i say, "did you hear, hawks? it's supposed to snow and its still fall! i can finally go out without looking stupid!"

"you'll always look stupid to me, kid." he snickered and bit into the pancake. "maybe they wouldn't look at you as if you're stupid if you had let me tell the news that you helped with the cat. when the annoying reporter showed up, you hid under my jacket and threw yourself on the floor, laying flat and pretending to be a jacket."

"i didn't even help out that much. and wouldn't it be bad for your reputation if you had to have help from some girl?"

"i wouldn't mind if it were you.. luckily for me, it is, kid."

i continued to glare at him while eating my own pancake. that was when we both heard a loud explosion come from outside. hawks and i rushed to the window, seeing a huge explosion not too far. "stay here, kid. i'll handle it."

and with that, he jumped out of the window. "that bastard!" i yelled to myself, opening the window again and throwing myself out of it. I landed on the road with soft snow welcoming me back down. i looked up only to see many injured people. sighing with worry, i pull my hood over my face and pull my scarf up. i'll only get colder from here.

finishing up gathering everybody injured and pulling them into the medic cars, i decide to look for hawks. the explosions were still happening.

third person

the young ice princess scrambled into the alley of two buildings. her hand whipped to the right, sending snow flying above the winged hero, stopping him from getting crushed by a car.

"kid, didn't i tell you to stay in the house?!"

"yeah, no problem! i cant exactly have a mentor if he was crushed by a car!" she watched as hawks flew up again. "hawks!"

"got it," he said back, flying above y/n. grabbing her gloved hand, she flew up below him. hawks, flying around the dark alley with a girl holding on for dear life and snow coming out of her palms.

"hawks?!" mirko yelled, landing on the now snowy floor.

"he's paralyzed. don't tell anyone about the snow," he quickly said, scooping y/n up and flapping his wings.

"hawks?" the ice princess called from the hot water. she looked down and she was no longer wearing her clothes, instead replaced with thicker clothes. oh i am so gonna kill him! her exposed parts of her body were steaming red. she wasn't as cold as she was before, thankfully.

grabbing a furry towel that was next to her, she patted herself dry and grabbed hawks' jacket that was lying on the floor next to the hot tub.

she hopped over to the kitchen, reaching for a cup on the top shelf.

"hey kid! you weren't supposed to get up yet!" he scolded standing behind y/n, who was grabbing the mug. he wrapped his red wings around the small figure and reached for the cup himself.

"did you change me, you big idiot?" she asked, turning around and pointing her finger at his chest. hawks placed the mug on the counter beside the two.

"maybe you should be more thankful that i saved you, kid. you would've frozen to death."

"maybe you should have thanked me for saving you from being crushed by a car!" she yelled, looking up the the man that had her against a counter. his face was only inches away from her's.

"thank you for saving me from being crushed by a car. you have no where else to run anymore. what are you gonna do? fight?" his eyes narrowed as he looked at y/n's flustered face. "...kiss me?"

he smirked, getting closer to her face. "most of it was just jokes.."

he had placed the palm of his hand to caress her cheek and kissed her. it was a long and passionate kiss but a kiss nonetheless. "why don't you humor me and tell me any more reasons why you came and wanted me to be your teacher, yeah?" he leaned in and kissed her again. "have you fallen for me, little ice princess? would you cry if i tell you too bad that these meaningless kisses show i have no feelings for you?"

once she was able to realize what his words meant, she shoved him off of her. "then what the hell, keigo? then why would you kiss me like that?"

"these kisses might mean nothing, y'n, but it doesn't mean they're not fun." he whispered, crossing his arms and smirking.

"go fuck yourself, hawks. you don't play with someone's feelings like that and expect everything to be okay. go to hell, you fucking bird bastard. i'd kick you in your crotch but i'm sure there's nothing to kick anyways."

y/n harshly tugged his jacket off of her and threw it at his feet. its not like she needed it anyways, she was now fuming with anger which caused her to heat up. she dramatically slammed the door behind her and left the apartment building.

it was the next day and hawks had just woke up from his sleep. he yawned and tiredly waddled to the kitchen and subconsciously whispered, "what's for breakfast, pipsqueak?" only to get no response. he sighed as he remembered yesterday's events. "cant help it, i guess. can't force myself to like people." he muttered too himself, grabbing a glass of water.

after he had gotten ready with a shower and a change of clothes, he walked out to his window where he had previously jumped out of the day before. he was admiring the glove marks on the windowsill. thats when he noticed that the town in front of him had fire spreading slowly. sighing, he hopped out of the building once again.