part four - love?

i had been sent to this place in the middle of nowhere. no buildings, no houses, no road - nothing. there were trees but it wasn't a forest. thats when a bunch of nomus started running at us. i could barely hold them back.

after three long hours of fighting the nomus, we'd barely made any difference. their health was still high - higher than ours. they suddenly all turned around and ran back to wherever they came from.

"they were close to defeating me.. they were probably called back to wherever the fuck they came out of," i muttered, observing my almost featherless wings. "fucking hell, how am i supposed to find her in this huge place."

i then spotted a limping figure that was shivering in the cold and walking away from a bunch of nomus on the floor, frozen.

"hey, hey! is that you?"

"what's my favorite food?" it didn't answer, but i saw it hunch down and cover it's body in this thin gray cloth.

"is that you, little ice fairy?"

"shut up and don't call me that, you big bird brain!" i heard her yell back, sill hunched on the floor.

"it's really you."

"and how would you know that?"

i chuckled and ran over to the still snarky girl. "only you would scold me in the middle of this situation." i mumble, helping her up. "isn't that right, kid."

"missed me? missed me or the chicken?" she said, pointing to the rotisserie chicken container behind her.

"you still have that? you trying to poison me?"

"you should have seen the house when you were gone," i say, wrapping my featherless wings around her frail body. i really thought you were dead and that i'd never see you again. i don't know how to put this in a way i wouldn't sound mean.. but the second we get back, the second i take you back to the house, you're packing up and we're getting you out of here. these guys won't stop coming after people i love and i can't risk losing you again. even if it means that you won't be fighting by my side anymore."

"you.. love me?" she flipped me off, squinting her eyes.

"out of my whole speech, thats the only part you hear?" i use my hand and force her to look at me. "maybe i did from the start."

third person pov

keigo had kissed y/n multiple times already and decided those meant nothing. but when he kissed her after realizing that he loved her when she was kidnapped by some stupid villain, he decided it meant everything.

"when we get back, you're leaving. i'm a fucking bastard in many, many ways - but when i say i have feelings for you, thats no lie. i want you to leave musutafu and fall in love with some guy that won't risk your safety."

"and you're telling me that that won't make you upset in the slightest?"

"of fucking course i'll be upset about it, kid. i'm so upset i'd want to punch that bitch face until he begs me to let him go. you with a random man off the streets bothers me."

"then i'm not going anywhere, keigo. you think just telling me to leave was going to work? me getting kidnapped, was a one-time thing. i promise. if you were to force me out of here and to be with someone else, i'd go and look happy with them in front of you - on purpose. you really think i'd get rid of my feelings for you that easily? i've tried, asshole. you think i want to like someone like you? someone who made me threaten them more than once?"

"i can't say that i wasn't waiting for you to say that. goddamn, i'm such a selfish bitch. being secretly happy that i'm putting the person i trust most in the world in danger." his voice grew to a whisper. he kissed her forehead and wrapped his red wings around her tighter.

hawks had landed on the top of a tall building back in the city, holding her in his arms. she was tightly covered in his jacket, still cold from her fight with all the nomus that were called back, told that she had escaped.

"isn't that hawks? did he finally find lumi?!" reporters and civilians had gathered a the bottom of the building, hoping to get answers to their questions.

he smugly smiled and jumped down to the floor. "i have to get her to heat up, but i'm just gonna say one thing. whoever took her away from me in the first place - and whoever would try to do that again - i'll hurt you. now, lets go, kid."