6-𝔍𝔠𝔢 ℭ𝔯𝔢𝔞𝔪

SCARLETTE

I watched in horror as Jace got on top of the man and started punching him repeatedly. The punches were getting worse and worse as they kept firing down on the man. I pushed Jace off of him because we were drawing some attention but when the people cleared out...

It was my turn.

At this point my tears were dry.

I went to the man and stared down on his battered and bruised face. All I saw was David when I looked at that mans face. Suddenly rage came over me. All I saw was red. Then I let my feet do the work.

I stomped on the man and in that moment it felt like I was stomping on David. I continued stomping and kicking his torso. Then I stomped on his family jewels and he let out a groan of pain. Then I remembered all the things David did to me replaying in my head on repeat which only motivated me more. I proceeded to stomp more toward his lower stomach with more force. Over and over and over again. Until I felt Jace lift me up, but I wasn't done yet. I then spit on him.

I imagine him someday having a daughter and he better treat her with the love I should have received as a child. Just thinking about it made me want to scream and shout until the heavens opened up and took me from the evil in this world.

When the man tried to run away I gave him one last shove and he still got back up again and scrambled away despite his limping leg.

I looked over at Jace about to thank him for giving me a headstart on beating up the man. but he cut me off.

"Are you okay?", he asked concerning.

He crouched down to my 5'7 height and started observing my face.

"I'm fine", I said as confidently as I could muster.

I wasn't weak. I'm glad I didn't have a panic attack because I really thought I was gonna have one. Although I usually do after my nightmares. Can you believe I still had Nightmares of David even while he was in the same house as me? That's why most of the time those Nightmares, unfortunately, became reality.

***

As we sat in the car it was uncomfortably quiet. There were no jokes like there was before, and I had yet to process what just happened to me. Why does pain follow me wherever I go. Why am I so unfortunate. I knew I was pretty in the looks department but I never believed I was pretty enough to have older men prawn after me. I really hope that would be the last time this would happen to me.

"Let's get Icecream", Jace said interrupting my thoughts.

I have never had ice cream before

All of a sudden I started smiling uncontrollably. I wasn't used to this. I wasn't used to being treated normally. He wasn't treating me like I was fragile glass. If your wondering when last I was treated like I was glass was when I met a guy named Liam. We were really close and eventually, he found out about my abuse.

He was really worried at first but he did everything he could to try and get me out of that house, the best thing he pretended to do was act like I had a school meeting which we lied to my parents that it was mandatory. Of course, Anna went along with it because she didn't want anyone to suspect anything about the abuse. Although in the end we just hung out at the park and talked for hours I really did love him.

We were the best of friends and I still wasn't social that's why he was also my only friend, but he had to go to this private school that had an excellent program, I forgot where the program was but his parents forced him to leave since it was best for him. I got into the program too but we would have to get to this high maintenance rich community and that could jeopardize and blow their cover.