Chapter two

Songs I listened to while writing: Heart Attack, Nothing's gonna stop us now

                                                        Zen's POV

Zendaya's POV

The interminable ring of my alarm is pissing me off. I had to switch it off. Getting back to sleep, my mum's voice woke me up.

"Wake up, wake up, it's a new day. Rise and shine, wake up sleepy head" She sang

Doesn't she know how terrible her voice is?????

"Oh mum" I shouted

"She opened the windows exposing the sunlight at my face. She knows I hate this

"Come on mum" I whined

"Get up you have things to do today. We have to get to Hilson, get a dog, see your aunt...."

'Just stop, will you? I'll join you soon" I replied

"Okay but make that quick" She appended

It took about 45 minutes to get downstairs, I wonder how my mum rises early.

*****************************************************

People say I have the perfect family, I guess that's true. My mum is so funny and caring, she's great at detecting when something's not fine. We're almost the same height but she hides this by wearing heels. Her hair is thick and dark, it drapes down her shoulder. She's comfortable with all colors unlike her sister Ashley that's really fashionable. She's beautiful(it is said that the first daughter will be the most beautiful in the family) so I'm automatically the most beautiful girl in the family. Her eyes are black and they match perfectly with her hair. My dad, on the other hand, is cool and reserved. He doesn't change his mind that easily when it's made up. He has the same color of eyes as my mum. He's good at counseling and persuading others. Kenzie is the laziest and most playful girl I know. She hates school but loves playing chess, I'm still the boss at it anyways. She's unique when it comes to hair, hers is curly and short unlike my mum and me that's straight and long. Her best color is pink and thanks to my aunt, she's having her room painted pink today. My Parents vowed not to have more kids because, during her delivery, my mum nearly passed on. I am the faithful daughter of the Daniels. My eyes are Hazel Brown but they look black from afar. My best color is Black and White. My hair gets to my middle back, it hasn't grown longer. I'm mostly in tanktops, crop-tops, large shirts, and jeans, gowns aren't really my type. I don't use makeup on a normal day, I apply eyeliner and glossy lipgloss when something unpleasant happens. I'm great at cooking but terrible at baking. When it comes to drawing or designing, no one dares challenges me. Although I'm not happy we relocated, I'm kind of excited because I'm attending Hilson.

We have all meals together as a family and I wonder why. My mum won't let you eat in your room, who does that??

"Don't just stand Zen, come to the table" My mum called

"I have to hail a cab, Zen get a jacket you have to look cultured" She added

"Come on mum, what's wrong with my dressing" I whined

"Why will you wear a crop-top or whatever the name is to an interview" She appended

"Okay" I surrendered

"Kenzie kindly pass the bacon please," I said sitting

"I'm eating it" She replied with her mouthful of food

"You can't eat it all"

'I can, you can have the eggs" She passed them to me

"You know I don't like eggs" I yelled