Chapter eleven

Kenzie's POV

After all classes today, The principal called me to her office. Ms. Lane is White so, I hope she'll judge right. On getting to her office, it's arranged in the form of a meeting room. My parents are sitting opposite each other. Ms. Young is sitting between Ms. Young and Peter. I'm really nervous, I want to run away. I need Zen but she's probably making lunch at home.

"Good Afternoon Ms. Lane"

"Mackenzie, how are you?" She asked

"I'm great" I responded

"I hope you've been enjoying your stay here?"

Seriously? If everything is fine what am I doing here?

"Yes, I have" I lied

I'm so terrible at lying

"Okay, have your sit" She declared

I want to sit close to my parents but the sitting arrangement leads me sitting close to Perter. What a jerk!!!!!

"I learned you were mistreated in History class yesterday" Ms. Lane expressed"

"Yes, I was"

"Can you tell me exactly what happened?" She investigated

"I was speaking on the Slave trade when Peter interrupted. He spoke rudely about Blacks and I told him o apologize but he didn't. He also confronted me after class" I explained

"Permit me to but in Principal, I sent her there to learn not to be mistreated" My mum added

"Ms. Daniels, I understand what you're saying. To be fair, I have to hear from both sides" Ms. Lane put forward

Sneaking a peek at Peter, he is terrified. Fear is written all over his face. The Mighty has fallen!!!! I can practically hear how fast his heart is beating. Ms. Young, on the other hand, is wearing a straight face, she's not showing any sign of remorse.

"Peter, the floor is yours. What do you have to say" Ms. Lane inquired

He kept mute

"Peter?" She yelled

"Yes, Ms. Lane"

"I want to hear your side of the story. Is that difficult?' She stated further

"No, Ms. Lane," He said with his voice shaking

'Okay, go on"

" I said what I thought was right. No one interrupted me while I spoke but I did while she did" He confessed

I thought he was going to deny it

"Is that all?" Ms. Lane investigated

"Yes"

"Ms. Young, go on" She stated

What I love about Ms. Lane is that she's double-sided. She's so friendly but when it comes to judgment, she's strict. She detests breaking the school rule and bullying others. When she jokes and smiles, she looks like an angel unlike when she's in a situation like this, you won't dare to look into her eyes. She has beautiful blue eyes normally but when she's angry or yelling, her eyes change color. Some students say she uses a contact lens. A file named 'disciplinary' is in front of her. She's writing fast and I have no idea what's running on her mind. She packed black her hair into a ponytail and clipped it. The Air conditioner is on but she's sweating. Principals are going through a lot, after this meeting she has to write a report and pass it to the disciplinary team who will pick a punishment for Peter and Ms. Young. Probably as a result of the stress of today, she unbuttoned the first two buttons of her shirt. She's dressed in a white shirt and a black skirt. Her heels are of her leg but beside her table. She's in a flat shoe.