chapter four

Safeeya's pov

I couldn't believe I was going to leave Kaduna, I grew up here and I have never left Kaduna before.

My mama and papa lived here for over 40 years in the village of kutill where I was born.

"Thank you for using the Nigerian railway system" The loud voice from the speaker was so loud that It jolted me right out of my thoughts.

"Are we at Abuja yet? " I asked Humaid who Kept on looking all Around.

"Yes, we'll be stopping at the Jabir," he said and I only nodded.

"Is jabi in Abuja or is it another state on its own?" I asked. my voice was a bit loud and a woman who was seated next to us began laughing, I knew she was laughing at me and so did Humaid, the woman was very beautiful. She looked just like a model.

"C'mon safeeya, do you need to yell so loud?" I knew he felt embarrassed because of the way his tone changed.

"Sorry" I also felt embarrassed.

"Jabi is in Abuja, it's not another state" his facial expression suddenly changed and he spoke softly to me.

"Oh wow, I have to a lot to learn about States I guess," I say and the lady chuckled again.

"Yeah, and I'll teach you," he said and I smiled.

"Ok" I looked over to the woman and eyed her just like I used to eye All those useless men who had always tried to temper with me in the village.

"Even illiterates know how to feel too big," she said while flipping through her magazine.

"Fool" I said and she looked up at me, I guess she knew I was referring to her, just as she was referring to me.

"Did you just insult me?" She asks.

"Did I?" I acted innocent.

"What? What did she say to you?" Humaid intervened. He was asking the woman.

"She called me a fool," the lady said softly, she sounded like she was trying to seduce my husband.

"SubhanAllah, when did I say that?" I found myself yelling which got the attention of half of the people on the train.

"Stop yelling Safeeya" Humaid scolded.

"Don't mind her, lower class women like herself do that a lot" the lady said, her accent sounded so amazing. it was even better than that of Alhanislam.

"You do know she is my wife right, I don't appreciate you speaking to her like that." Humaid said.

"Wow, how lucky she is to get a man as handsome as yourself. I never knew she was your wife" the lady said.

"Well I am and you started it by calling me illiterate," I said.

"Oh that, I was reading an article in my magazine. I am sorry if you felt insulted" she apologized.

"Well..." Humaid cut me short.

"It's okay, it's cool," Humaid said.

"No problem," she said while seating down on her seat while I took mine.

I wanted to speak to Humaid. but his facial expression dared me not to. He looked very Angry so I decided to maintain my lane and keep quiet.