6

"No," Leo growls staying in front of me protectively "she's done nothing wrong."

"Leo you know what she has done," Don growls getting into Leo's face "you know why I'm doing this."

"She tried to stop it!" Leo yells back "she didn't want anything to do with what was going on that day!" I watch them yell back and forth a few more times before I've had enough.

"Stop! Both of you!" I yell gaining both of their attention "Leo stand down. He doesn't want to believe you and nothing you say will change his mind. Let him do what he must, I'm not worth your efforts and I'm not worth your relationship with your father."

"See even she admits to her gilt. Now move," Don says pushing Leo out of his way and rushing me grabbing me by the neck and pinning me to the wall "and unless you feel like watching leave." Leo looks like he wants to fight but seeing the look I give him he swims out.

"I am not saying I am at fault for what happened to your son," I force out looking him in the eyes "I just know what a man will do to avenge someone they loved. Even if that means losing the only person they have left." Don stiffens and looks away from my eyes and taking in my face.

"Why?" He asks softly "why did they do it? Why did they take my son?" I give him a sorrowful look and reach up to grab his fin, the one holding onto my neck.

"A bull shark killed my mother," I say after he loosens his hold a bit "he wanted vengeance, just like you do. I tried to stop him. I tried to tell him he had the wrong shark, that the shark he caught wasn't even the right species. But one girl against 4 men? I didn't stand a chance. He locked me in the cabin so I'd be out of the way. I don't know how he killed him. Nor do I want to know. So kill me, because if it will help you sleep better knowing you've gotten revenge then I will gladly let you. I went out on that small boat wanting to die the day you found me. I do not fear death." Don tightens his hold on my neck again holding his own breath before dropping me to sink to the floor and hold his face.

"Why did it have to be my son?!" He cries out "he was only out because I forced him to be out with Leo that day. To teach him to hunt. The only reason they were out there was because of me! And now I might have just lost both of them."

"Hey, you haven't lost Leo," I say sinking down in front of him "he's going to be mad at you for a bit. But it'll all work out. Why do you think I stopped the argument? He left willingly, I told him what was to be done and he accepted that that is what I was ok with happening."

"After everything I've done to you," Don says looking up at me "your just going to forgive me?"

"I understand why you did it. Do I agree with it? No. But I understand," I say smiling softly "it might take a while for me to fully forgive, but I'm willing to look past it. Leo will come around to do the same. You're his father after all." He nods, getting up and sighing.

"I won't kill you. This was wrong of me," He says then just swims out. I frown at the empty spot he used to be and decide to leave the room. Might as well find Leo and explain what happened. I don't have to go far, Leo rushes into me as soon as I leave the room.

"Your alive!" He exclaims looking me over "he didn't kill you." I smile and shake my head opening my mouth to respond.

"Too bad. I had hoped I would get to collect a body today," a voice pipes up behind Leo. We both turn to see a bull shark  with a long scar down his side starting right above his gills.

"You," I gasp horrified.