7

"You," I gasp horrified.

"Me?" The shark chuckles smiling widely "what about me?"

"You killed my mother," I say softly looking him over "is remember that scar, my father gave it to you." He seems shocked for a moment then gets angry.

"I see. Oh yes. I remember the day. Quite a storm we got that afternoon. Blood in the water just asking for a shark to come along. You were in the water before your mother was. Punched me pretty hard, to bad she wasn't as willing to fight," He growls with an evil smile "she was delicious though alway a treat when the meat has a bit of adrenaline in it." I back up into Leo who pulls me behind him.

"Why are you here?" Leo growls protectively.

"Well I heard the news that a human was going to be killed and had to sink my teeth into it. Humans not an easy pray item to get ahold of," The bull shark replies smirking at me but I see something in his eye, something that makes me believe it's all a lie, an act.

"Who are you?" I ask "what is your name?"

"Call me Slash," Slash says smirking "and I'll be the one to kill you." Before anyone can react he charges. I barely get out of the way in time to avoid his jaws. Leo goes into action, both sharks end up going after each other biting and ramming into one another. I find a peace of metal that probably came from a door not to far from where I am and grab at it. Before my hand can grasp it I'm shoved into a wall the air getting knocked out of me causes a peace of something plant-like to come out of my body.

"Emma!" Leo gasps as a light comes from my tail as it turns into legs. With the loss of my tail goes the ability I had to breath underwater. I push off the wall grabbing the metal and go for a window desperately trying to get out of the ship so I can swim up to the surface.

I make it out and start swimming up. Something grabs my legs before I can get far and looking down I see Slash dragging me down. I swing the metal down onto him hitting him straight in the nose successfully getting him off me. I continue to swim up towards the surface this time it's a success. I look down and see Leo swim up to me. He circles me, like he's trying to ask if I'm ok, but I don't understand him anymore. He circles one last time before diving back down to go after Slash. I take a breath and dive back down as well.

Don has joined the fight much to Slash's dismay. Both father and son fight off the bull shark but what should be a winning pair seems to have problems. Both of them are much stronger and bigger then Slash but he is quicker and seems to know what he's doing. Taking quick bites and slashes at them he manages to back both of them into a corner with a red coral around them. This causes them to not have as much room to fight.

I take another large lung full of air and dive down still holding the peace of metal I bring it down on Slash's back while he is preoccupied. It slices his skin next to his dorsal fin. He reacts by tail whipping me into the red coral. Everywhere it touches me starts burning. Slash turns and rushes at me only to be charged from the side by Leo. I push off from the burning coral and go to swim back up to the surface for more air. But I'm grabbed and shoved back onto the coral.

"Stay back!" Slash growls to the two sharks behind him as he holds me against the coral "or she dies!" I take an experimental breath and laugh. Everyone looks at me shocked or confused. I grab onto Slash rolling us around so he's on the coral.

"Your not going to win this Slash," I growl as my tail comes back with no pain compared to the first time it appeared. He tries to dart past me but I grab onto his fin swinging myself onto his back as if I was going to get on a horse. Barbs stick out of my forearms slightly and I decide to use them to my advantage stabbing them into Slash's back like ice picks. He hisses in pain grabbing for me as he rolls and bucks. I take one barb out and use it to cut down his side right over where my dad cut him before. I release him watching him swim off in fear.

"Are you ok son?" Don asks gaining my attention he looks down at Leo who's holding his side that has a bite on it. Don doesn't look much better off but his first priority is his son.

"Ya I'll be fine it's not deep. Probably won't even scar," Leo says waving his fin at him dismissively.

"Well, what happened? How did I lose my tail?" I ask confused and a bit shook up as well. Both sharks look up at me and look uncomfortable, Leo looks afraid even.

"Well, I don't really know. I'd have to look over my notes on the plant that I gave you to see why that happened," Don says shaking himself and not looking at me directly "but let's get back so you can get cleaned off first." I look down at myself and notice all of the blood covering me realizing why they are uncomfortable now.

"Right, yes sorry," I say rubbing most of it off some still stays on my tail a bit but should be easy enough to remove. Don nods and both father and son start to swim back to the ship.