4

0.4

Once we arrive in LA Derek took me towards the SUV waiting for us, we got in and made our way to the crime scene, we sat in comfortable silence until Derek interrupted it.

"So.... Bella what's your story?" he asked me while keeping eye contact with road

"What do you mean?" I asked back in confusion

"Tell me about yourself unless you want me to profile you" he answered while giving me that signature Morgan smirk.

"Not much to tell honestly" I shrugged wanting to change the subject bad, knowing I would probably have to lie my way through the story.

"Everyone's got a story Bella tell me about high school at least" I completely tensed at thought of thinking back to those awful four years I knew I'd never forget and not for good memories like graduation, prom and homecoming, all I remember is scared and locking myself in my room after being at a friend's house.

"Okay" I started slowly thinking on the top of my head "Uh it was pretty normal had a small group of friends that we did everything together and somehow three of us ended up at the same collage and I'm a god mother to one of their children" I told him.

"There we go, we're getting somewhere, okay now what did you do in collage?" he asked than to which I quickly answered this time with no hesitation like the last question

"I have 3 PhDs, psychology and behavioural analysis."

"God, full cops degrees aye" he laughed before asking "Why?"

"Um my mom was a cop in Virginia and I always wanted to be something close to her" I revealed to him

"You said was she retired?" he pried, stupid profilers.

"Um no she died in 9/11" I said looking down at my fiddling fingers in my lap, there was silence for a while until I saw him put a hand on mine to stop me moving them which made me look up at him to see he was looking at me with a sympathetic look.

"I'm sorry you to go through that" he said in genuine sympathy

"It's ok I mean it was hard no kidding but my mom always told me to look forward and not dwell on the past so that's what I did" I told him before realising that we were at the scene already.

"Let's go" I said quickly, glad to have the conversation done with. We got out the car and made our way to the officer by the door

"Hey, I'm SSA Derek Morgan and this is SSA Bella De Loy of the FBI's Behavioural analysis unit" Derek said to the officer before the both us shook his hands

"Right this way" he motioned for us to follow him to those where there was blood smeared on the living room floor.

"No signs of forced entry anywhere here, any upstairs?" I asked the officer to which he shook his head

"Could have known the unsub" Derek suggested

"So let's say that she did know the unsub, the ME report says that her and the other victims were strangled so the unsub wanted to feel the life drain out of them' I started 'But then why kill the dogs" I added with a shudder.

"I'll call Garcia" Derek said while leaving the room.

I stood for good few minutes thinking through the scene until I felt a hand on my shoulder, I turned to see Morgan looking at me.

"We have to get back to the station. There's another victim" he informed me

Once we got back to station, we all decided to call it a night a start fresh in the morning with clear heads.

The unsub turned out to be woman who was killing people as a surrogate for her sister who was killed by their father and the date became a trigger for her. She also had OCD which caused her the need to have to kill two at once which explained the reason behind the animal killing. We were on the jet on our way back to Quantico. I was sat by myself again reading a book while the others tried to get some sleep. I was nearly finished when I saw someone taking a seat in front of me, that person being Hotch.

"You did good today Bella" he praised with a small hint of a smile on his face

"Thank you, sir," I replied with a small nod

"Call me Hotch please, everyone else does" he said getting up

"Of course," I added with a small smile before turning to fall asleep.