━━ i. meeting the nazi

chapter one — meeting the nazi { 1x01 - A Hard Day's Night }

chapter one
meeting the nazi
{ 1x01 - A Hard Day's Night }

WAKING UP AT 6 O'CLOCK WAS NORMAL FOR RUBY NOW. Hurrying to the kitchen in Dereks trailer, she wondered where he was. Today was her first day as an intern at the Seattle Grace Memorial Hospital and Derek was nowhere to be found. As she started to make a coffee, Ruby let the last night play review and thought about the moment where a very drunk neuro surgeon left Joe's with a blonde.

Smirking to herself because he for sure had a hangover, she drank the warm drink out of the red cup and put it on the counter. She dressed herself and took her car keys. Going down the stairs in a fast tempo, Ruby made her way to her new car. It wasn't the cheapest on the market, but her Dad insistent on getting her the newest. He would do anything for his princess.

*

Ruby pulled into the parking lot at the hospital and made her way into it. She was way to early and sat in the waiting area. A woman with black hair and light skin took place next to her. Both of them weren't speaking, but Ruby didn't want the silence anymore, which is why she spoke to the woman.

„Hello, my name is Ruby Moore. I don't know if you're also waiting for Doctor Webber, but I didn't wanted to sit in silence anymore. It's pretty boring, you know.", smiling to the korean brunette, Ruby shook hands with her.

„I'm Cristina Yang. And yes I'm also waiting for the chief. Do you have any connections to Doctor Mary Moore, multiple Harper Avery Award Winner and one of the best, well maybe the best, cardio and thoracic surgeon?", Cristina Yang was very excited to see if Ruby was the grandchild of one of her idols. She would never admit it though that she was interested.

Ruby nodded enthusiastically and began to tell Cristina everything about her granny. She started with the presents she always made her (it had always to do with something surgical) and also told her about the lessons Ruby hat with her grandma. Ruby learned everything from her grandma, even though her mother wasn't always happy that her daughter stayed up til 2 in the morning practicing the stitches and remembering everything from the books. But for Ruby it was easy. She always had to read things only once to be able to remember them. Her father always called it a photographic memory.

*

The new interns were all standing in a circle and listening to Dr. Webber's speech.

„Each of you comes here hopeful. Wanting in on the game. A month ago you were in med school being taught by doctors. Today, you are the doctors. The seven years you spend here as a surgical resident will be the best and worst of your life. You will be pushed to the breaking point. Look around you. Say hello to your competition. Eight of you will switch to an easier specialty. Five of you will crack under the pressure. Two of you will be asked to leave. This is your starting line. This is your arena. How well you play? That's up to you." In the middle of his words, a young blonde woman came to them. She stood next to Ruby and smiled at her apologizing. They all walked to an OR and looked around it.