━━ ii. testing the limits

chapter 2 — testing the limits { 1x02 - The First Cut is the Deepest }{ 1x09 - Who's Zoomin' Who? }

chapter 2
testing the limits
{ 1x02 - The First Cut is the Deepest }
{ 1x09 - Who's Zoomin' Who? }

„It's all about lines. The finish line at the end of residency, waiting in line for a chance at the operating table, and then, there's the most important line. The line separating you from the people you work with. It doesn't help to get too familiar. To make friends. You need boundaries between you and the rest of the world. Other people are far too messy. It's all about lines. Drawing lines in the sand, and praying like hell no one crosses them."

„Why do you put up posters for roommates if you don't want roommates?", Izzie asked Meredith, as they stood at the nurse station waiting for Bailey.

Meredith shrugged. „I do want roommates, we're together a hundred hours a week, you want to live together too?"

„No. Ooh, you're bringing bribes now?" Christina spoke referring to the coffee in Merediths hands.

„I need a place to live. My mom irons my scrubs. I have to get out of there.", George begged, making Meredith look at him in pity.

„It's not a bribe, I don't think it's a good idea."

„But I can put down last, first and deposit.", he tried again.

„It's totally a bribe.", Christina said unfazed by her coworkers begs.

„I can cook. And I'm an obsessive cleaner.", now it was Izzies turn to beg for the place.

Meredith shook her head. „No. I just want two total strangers who I don't have to talk to, or be nice to, and it's not a bribe, it's a mocha latte."

Bailey came to them, and went on the stairs, to make herself look taller. „George, you're running the code team, Meredith, take the trauma patients, Cristina, deliver the weekend labs to the patients, Izzie, you're on sutures. And can somebody tell me where Ruby is? She is never late."

„Dr Bailey. I was hoping to assist you in the OR today, maybe do a minor procedure? I think I'm ready. Mocha latte?", Meredith smiled at her and handed her the latte, but thinking about Ruby.

„If she gets to cut, I want to cut too.", Christina cut in.

„Yeah, me too.", Izzie urged in and smiled at Bailey.

„I wouldn't mind another shot, I mean if everybody else is...", George was still eating an apple.

„Stop talking. Every intern wants to perform their first surgery, that's not your job. Do you know what your job is? To make your resident happy. Do I look happy? No. Why? Because my interns are whining. You know what will make me look happy? Having the code team staffed, having the trauma patients answered, having the weekend labs delivered, and having someone down in the Pit, doing the sutures. No one holds a scalpel until I'm so happy I'm Mary freakin' Poppins. And find Ruby for gods sake.", she got on the stairs and took the mocha latte. But also Bailey was thinking of Ruby Moore.