Dance with me love, Klaus Mikaelson

Characters: Klaus x reader

"You're a natural," he said after he spun you

"You're a natural," he said after he spun you. Smiling you continued to look down at your feet afraid of stepping on his toes. As he pulled you closer he whispered in your ear "Now all we've got to work on is eye contact"

Looking up you smiled "Sorry, I don't want to step on your toes"

He smiled back at you "I don't mind. It's all part of the learning process love" Continuing the dance while keeping eye contact he smirked at you "We are going to try the triple spin again"

"Oh no," you gulped.

The last time you tried the spin you accidentally elbowed him in the jaw. Before you could think of what else could go wrong, he suddenly threw you into the spin. Spinning in and out, you hadn't realized you closed your eyes, opening them you were met with Klaus's blue eyes.

"See? I told you you could do it" he smiled genuinely at you

You returned the smile when you realized you were getting better.

"Now, let us try it again. And this time, keep your eyes open" he said while smiling cheekily at you.

You spun again, and again, and again, and landed gracefully back into place. Klaus was smiling at your beaming face. You had asked him to teach you to dance the other day and you were already much better. You were embarrassed when you asked him, but he assured you that it was not something you should be embarrassed for not knowing. Plus he was honored that you asked him.

When he pulled you in from the last spin he stared into your eyes. You got lost in them as you spun in circles. You two were lost in the dance until you heard someone clear their throat in the doorway.

Stopping your dance and looking over you see Elijah smiling at the two of you. Pulling away from Klaus you smile at Elijah "Hi Elijah"

"Hello y/n. Niklaus. May I ask, what you two are doing?" he asked, a hint of humor in his voice.

"Why should that matter to you brother?" Klaus asked

"He's teaching me to dance," you said truthfully. You were sure that Klaus was planning on not mentioning it to Elijah because he knew you had been embarrassed when you asked him, but you knew Elijah would not judge you.

"I see. An unusual tactic Niklaus, teaching someone to dance to no music" he said smiling as he turned and left the room.

Looking up while listening, you realized that he was right. The song had ended, and you and Klaus hadn't even realized. Glancing over at Klaus you saw he was looking back at the record player with a small smile. He turned his face and looked at you, both of you sharing a slightly embarrassed look.

Klaus walked over to the record player and flipped the record, playing another set of songs. Turning back towards you he reached out his hand while bowing slightly "May I have this dance" he asked while smirking at you.

Smiling at him, with slightly pink blushed cheeks you stepped forward. Putting your hand in his you curtsied "You may"

He pulled you into him as he stared back into your eyes. Blushing you leaned your head on his shoulder.

He breathed onto your neck as he whispered to you "I may have to organize a ball just so you can show off your new skill" you could practically feel his smirk.

You smiled into his shoulder "I don't know if I'm quite ready for that yet" you said honestly. Though you wouldn't mind going to a ball with Klaus.

"Then I guess we have to do this more often until you are" he pulled you closer to him as he spun the both of you in circles.

You pulled away enough to look into his eyes "I'd like that" you said smiling at him. Returning you're smiled he threw you into another spin, that this time you were ready for.