Protection, Elijah Mikaelson

Character: Elijah Mikaelson x reader

You were hanging out in The Mikaelson's house

You were hanging out in The Mikaelson's house. Like usual, considering you were a very wanted person. Only because you were a human, who was close with The Mikaelson's. Making you a very easy target. But thankfully you were under their constant protection.

Especially Elijah.

He was like your best friend. Always there when you needed him. Maybe he wasn't the most feared original sibling, that title belonging to either Klaus or Kol most likely, but, having him on your side was always a good thing.

You were a bit bored, and you could use a drink. You thought about asking Haley or Freya to go with you. But you had no clue where they were.

You would've asked Elijah, but you didn't want to bother him, knowing how busy he could be. So, you just decided to go, you knew you could handle yourself.

You went to open the door and suddenly, Elijah was standing in front of you, a smirk across his face, he'd startled you at first, but when you saw it was him you started to calm down.

"Elijah, it's you.." You chuckled as you caught your breath. He smiled softly at you. "Yes, where are you going Y/N? You know it's not safe out there alone." He replied, shutting the door softly.

You sighed. "I didn't want to bother you. I was just gonna get a drink, maybe some food, and come back. I'm sorry.." He breathed a laugh and shook his head. "No need to apologize to me Y/N. I understand, but not to worry, you could never bother me."

He had such a way of speaking, you loved every second of the conversations you'd have.
You nodded with a smile. "Well, thank you, Elijah." You said, tucking your hair behind your ear. Elijah threw on a suit jacket and hooked his arm with yours.
"Well, allow me to take you out for the evening. It's the least I could do, given the fact that my family is the reason you're in this mess."

On your way there, a vampire, one you couldn't tell the name of if you'd tried, came out of nowhere. Along with some back up of his own. They had very smug looks on their faces.

Elijah just rolled his eyes and scoffed at the thought of these men challenging him. He unhooked his arm and smiled at you. "This'll only take a moment." He nodded before walking forward, fixing his cufflinks.

"And, just how may I help you, fine gentlemen?"

He asked, using a very condescending voice. The men started to step up to him, Elijah sighed, before ripping all of them apart. Almost too fast to even see.
He cleaned up his mess and turned back to you. "Now, we were we?" He asked.

The two of you, had a delightful time, before returning home. "Thank you for that Elijah. I needed it." You smiled. He smiled in return, before taking your hand, running his thumb across your knuckles.

"Of course Y/N. And I just want you to know. I'll..always protect you." He smiled before kissing your forehead and walking back to his room. You watched him walk away.

He'd given you a lot to think about.