chapter one: paparazzi

"atsumu? are you ready to leave?" her voice was soft as she called into the bathroom. her boyfriend, miya atsumu, finished combing his hair and managed a smile.

  he pulled her in for a side hug, kissing her hair. she batted him away. "this took me half an hour!" she laughed, fluffing her [color] hair. atsumu just rolled his eyes. "everything takes you forever, my love." his words sunk into her with a grin. she couldn't remember the last time he called her love.

  the press conference was only supposed to take an hour, but with atsumu there it might as well be three. she stood next to a bodyguard along the cracked and dry wall. the media were quick to snap photos of her in her [favorite color] sundress and [matching color] sunglasses. it was rare when he showed her off.

  "mr. miya! what is your view on the rumors of your alleged one night stand with a french model?" a reporter asked, turning his camera towards atsumu.

  the question didn't shock her per say, she knew that there were always going to be rumors about him cheating. but they'd been together since high school. what did any of those bimbos have that she didn't?

  atsumu chuckled playfully, leaning in towards the mic, "how about you ask my girlfriend that?" the question was meant to be rhetorical but the reporter shrugged and turned towards her. with the cameras suddenly on her, her nerves peaked. what if she accidentally said something wrong? what would happen?

  trying to look cool, she took off her sunglasses and smiled lovingly at atsumu. but when her [color] eyes met his', they were clouded over. her smile faded, then came back. "i say those rumors are simply not true! me and my beloved have been committed to each other since high school, that wouldn't change for just one girl." her words were firm. her voice never wavered. so why didn't she believe her own words?

  but the press seemed content and moved on. when she looked back at atsumu, he was pursing his lips and glaring at the table.

  what did she do wrong?