chapter seven: kiss hello

when her daughter was born, an unknown feeling filled her. atsumu had a game that day, but he came as soon as it finished. he won of course, and kissed her head with a sweaty face.

even drained her voice flowed like honey. "i'm so happy. she's darling, isn't she?" atsumu could only smile and nod. he kissed their daughter, muttering a hello to her.

when they came home, she found another bra under the bed but she slid it back under. she knew he would stop, now that his daughter was home. now that their daughter was home.

raising a kid was harder then it looked, and there were days when she wanted to raise her honey voice at everything that moved. but she managed to bury those feelings back under a mountain of smiles and rocked her daughter back and forth.

when they went out together, she always was stuck with the stroller while he always scooped out the surroundings. she convinced herself he was looking for any paparazzi, but a whisper told her it was for something else.

going out was never an option. for her, at least. he still went to press conferences and always told her it was no use watching them. nothing interesting happened anyway. she always believed him.

"i'm so tired. but i'm happy," she whispered to atsumu when she finally got their daughter to sleep. he hummed in response and slung his arm around her.

one day she noticed a grey hair. the next she saw two. and then the next day she saw how dark her eye-bags were. she also noticed her usual skinny form had given way to a post-birth one.

she hated herself. atsumu looked at the barely covered women at the beach while she could barely bring herself to wear her slip.

"my love, i'm sorry if i look more tired than usual. she's been keeping me up." she laughed slightly. atsumu looked up at her from where he sat at the dinner table. he furrowed his eyebrows.

"my dear you always look amazing. beautiful. prettier than any woman out there," he told her. but when their daughter started crying she left the food to burn while he sat and read the newspaper.

it was when their daughter turned three months that she noticed him straying away. when they went out he always stood a little ways away. when their daughter cried he never asked what was wrong.

and when she and their daughter came back from a quick trip to the grocery store, she saw the clothes littering the floor and heard the heavy thumping from the bedroom. she set down her daughter and sighed heavily. he didn't even bother to do the dishes like she asked him to.

when they emerged from the bedroom, she shrieked and ran out, barely dressed. he stood embarrassed and ashamed.

she didn't bother shouting at him, it would just wake the baby. unlike other times, the feeling of being embarrassed never left her. when they went out together she couldn't help but compare herself to the girls that walked by. the ones atsumu smiled at she imagined finding them in her bedroom.

so when he sat down at the table and mentioned going on vacation she simply smiled. she couldn't say no. that wouldn't be fair to him. she couldn't keep him here. that would be abusive, right?

she regretted it when the press released pictures of him fucking some blonde bitch on the beach where he was staying.

this time he didn't try to apologize.