Invitations

Sunset, Rainbow, Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie were having a picnic when a purple dragon came up to them. "What is it Spike?" Applejack asked her husband. "Apple... Jack...I... have... Lemme just..." Sunset just rolls her eyes and takes the scroll and opens it.  "Dear Sunset, I am sure you are as excited as I am about the upcoming wedding in the Crystal Empire." Sunset pauses to look up at her friends, "Wedding?"  "Queen Cadence will be presiding over the ceremony, and would very much like you and your friends to help with the preparations for this wonderful occasion. Fluttershy, Queen Cadence and I would love if you and your songbird choir to provide the music. "Oh my goodness! What an honor!" Fluttershy said. "Pinkie Pie, Queen Cadence and I can think of no one more qualified than you to host the reception. "Hip, hip, hooray!" The pink earth pony exclaimed. "Applejack, you will be in charge of the catering for the reception. "Well color me pleased" the country pony said. "Rainbow Dash, Queen Cadence and I would very much appreciate it if you could perform a sonic rainboom as the bride and groom complete their "I do's." "Aw yeah!" the Wonderbolt exclaimed as she flew into a tight circle. Sunset just rolled her eyes and continued reading aloud. "Rarity, you will be responsible for designing the dresses for the bride and her bridesmaids." " well I am extremely honored to create her dress and the bridesmaids." Rarity said happily. And as for you, Sunset, you will be playing the most important role of all: Making sure that everything goes as planned. See you all very soon. Yours, Queen Celestia. But... I don't understand. Who's getting married?" Sunset questioned confused when she finished reading the letter. " Oh, right, maybe I should have given this to you first." Spike said as he scratched the back of his head as he handed Sunset another scroll. The amber unicorn sighed before opening the letter and reading it aloud. "Queen Mi Amore Cadenza cordially invites you to the wedding of Princess Twilight Sparkle and....My brother?! Sunset gasped as her eyes went as wide as saucers. Congratulations Sunset, your brother is getting married! that's great news." Applejack congratulated. " Yeah, great news. That I just got from a wedding invitation! Not from my brother, but from a piece of paper! Thanks a lot, Flash Sentry. I mean, really, he couldn't tell me personally? Hey, Sunset, just thought you should know I'm making a really big decision that changes everything. Oh, never mind, you'll hear about it when you get the invitation. Princess Twilight Sparkle. Who in the hoof is that?" Sunset ranted. "Uh, Sunset you okay?" Fluttershy asked softly. "Sorry, it's just that Flash Sentry and I have always been so close. He's my B.B.B.F.F!" Sunset paused and looked at her friends. "Big Brother Best Friend Forever?" She supplied. "Ohhh" they all said. "Its okay besides, before I came here and learned the importance of friendship, Flash Sentry was the only pony I ever really accepted as a friend." Sunset sighed.

When I was just a filly, I found it rather silly

To see how many other ponies I could meet

I had my books to read, didn't know that I would ever need

Other ponies to make my life complete

But there was one colt that I cared for

I knew he would be there for me

My big brother, best friend forever!

Like two peas in a pod, we did everything together

He taught me how to fly a kite (Best friend forever!)

We never had a single fight (We did everything together!)

We shared our hopes, we shared our dreams

I miss him more than I realized

It seems...

Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, and Rarity sing

Your big brother, best friend forever

Like two peas in a pod, you did everything together

Sunset Shimmer sings

And though he's, oh, so far away

I hoped that he would stay

My big brother best friend

Forever...

Forever...

"As one of your P.F.F.'s... Pony Friends Forever... Applejack said rolling her green eyes. "Ohhh!" the rest of the friends realized. "I wanna tell you that I think your brother sounds like a real good guy." Applejack said she placed a hoof around Sunset. "He is pretty special. I mean, they don't let just anypony be promoted captain of the Royal Guard. "So let me get this straight. We're helping out with the wedding of not only a princess, but a newly promoted captain of the Royal Guard?" Rarity asked. Well yeah, I guess we are." Sunset replied.A sonic rainboom? At a wedding?! Can you say "best wedding ever!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed. " Best wedding ever!" Pinkie Pie gasped and echoed " So you all get to help with the big fancy wedding, but I'm the one who gets to host the bachelor party!" Spike said. Applejack looked over to Sunset and walked up to her. "Why the long face, sugarcube?" the orange earth pony asked. " I'm just thinking about Flash Sentry. Ever since I moved to Ponyville, we've been seeing each other less and less. And now that he's starting a new family with this "Princess Tw-whatshername", we'll probably never see each other." Sunset sighed crestfallen. " Come on, now. You're his sister. He'll always make time for you." Applejack assured. "Couldn't seem to make time to tell me he was getting married." Sunset said dejectedly.