- How you really feel -

Lightbulb was used to Paintbrush's constant ridiculing, pointing out her flaws. She knew they were there, she hates those flaws too. Yet, she couldn't let that get to her, she still needs to be a good team captain. Here team is important to her, being in control makes her feel a bit better. Better about herself, better about her low chance of winning.

Lightbulb was currently sitting on the ground, picking at the grass. She was thinking back to the latest she had with 'Painty', remembering their harsh words.

———

"Seriously Lightbulb? What's your problem? You just keep having these stupid ridiculous ideas, it's no wonder I'm not the only one who think you're a complete idiot."

Lightbulb had suggested another 'stupid' game strategy for their team. She couldn't even remember what it was now. She was just looking up at Paintbrush with a little frown. "Well, surely there is some other bright ideas in my head of mine. I- I can just use those, uh.. yeah." Paintbrush sighed.

Lightbulb turned her head to look at them, her face dropped a bit at their pissed expression. "No. No, Lightbulb." "Wh- Wh-?" Paintbrush cut her off before she could finish a single word.

"I'm so sick of this. Nobody on this team LIKES you, no one CARES about your DUMB ideas!! So would you just can it already!? Go wait to be eliminated so I don't have to DEAL with this SHIT anymore!" Paintbrush's hair was glowing with heat, this was one of the first times it had ever done that.

As Paintbrush opened their eyes to look at Lightbulb again, their hair stopped glowing. Paintbrush's face held an immediate look of guilt as they studied their team leader's own features.

Lightbulb's eyes were shining due to the water gathering at the edge. Her face was filled with pain and shock, a frown firm on her face. Paintbrush swore her glowing yellow body was dimmer than usual too. Paintbrush felt the incline to apologize, but clenched their fist instead. Their angry expression faded back as they turned around, storming off. Leaving Lightbulb to cry alone.

———

Lightbulb's face drops significantly at the thought of that memory. It makes her wonder... What happened? Paintbrush used to be so nice. They have a temper, sure, but they didn't insult Lightbulb like they do now. She remembers the first episode of this season, joking together and smiling. Paintbrush was her best friend. Paintbrush is her best friend.
Lightbulb sighs at the fact Paintbrush likely doesn't feel the same anymore. She can always try her best though, right? Just show Painty her love, show she still cares. No matter what they say about her.

———

Lightbulb walks into the Bright Lights Cabin, it is a tad late, and most of the members are already sleeping. The only person missing is Test Tube, who is most likely in her lab and possibly even fell asleep in the lab too. Lightbulb sighs as she walks in, 'At least most of them are asleep, you don't have smile.' The only one she notices awake in her shared room is Fan, who is probably blogging about the day. Lightbulb shrugs as he looks at her for a moment with a raised eyebrow, but he doesn't say anything to the light. As Lightbulb is about to climb onto the lower bed of one of the bunk beds, she feels another pair of eyes on her. She turns to look up, and above her is a tall figure, looking down.

Paintbrush.

She examines the eyes for the few seconds they are looking at her, and they examine hers back. Lightbulb sees worry and curiosity. Paintbrush sees pain. Lightbulb watches as their eyes fills with pools of guilt, she darts her eyes away swiftly. Paintbrush doesn't need to know how she is feeling, it isn't important. The light finally climbs into her bed and snuggles under the fluffy covers she owns.