- Comfort -

Lightbulb couldn't believe her own eyes. They were really gone, they were all gone. It just started with Marshmallow, but then the infection spread like a virus. Painty, Fan, Test tube all left her grasp within moments it seemed. Losing two friends in one night was so intense. She had held a grin before they walked in. Yet, as soon as they faded into yellow and disappeared? It dropped so quickly... No one was there for her to lean on.

Her body fell forward with a weight in her chest she couldn't describe in words. Before that weight could drag her to the floor, making her legs weak enough to break, something interrupted her thoughts. A loud yell from the host of this broken show, it was all gibberish to her. It wasn't long before the noise ended and it was all quiet, ringing was loud in her ears.

The weight had dropped on her again so intensely that she could've sworn she'd shatter from the pressure. It hurt, it held her down and pushed her to the floor. It screamed so high and loudly in her ears making them ring, tearing her apart like a feral savage. Yet, no one could see a thing. No one was there to watch her be torn apart to shreds. She was nothing now, separated into broken pieces.

But there she was... still standing. Alive and well... how was she going on with such a situation. Why was she still smiling at all the people surrounding her? It's like she had muted the world around her could everyone hear her? She was screaming so loud, at least she was trying. It seemed she had trained herself too well, it was impossible to break that happy facade now.

She had brought her own demise in the end, standing in the grave she dug for herself. A sigh left her before she realized she was back in the cabin. It was so empty now, no one occupied the beds anymore. All that sat inside was Lightbulb and her small amount of things. Falling into the coffin inside the hole, she shut her eyes. Calm and accepting of this new fate, even if unexpected. Death hung over her sleeping body, watching her intently as she tried to sleep. Tossing and turning. It seemed to drain her slowly as she faded away, the coffin closing.

Suddenly, she jolts up, a familiar voice was calling to her. Why were these tears rolling down her face, had her attempt at sleep wounded her too deep? No, it was the thoughts that made her mind restless. A hand wiped them away for her, and she leaned forward into the grasp of the figure. Too blinded by the drowning water to be surprised. Sobs poured out as they held her.

"It's going to be okay. We aren't going to forget you... I promise."

How were they so sure, she didn't understand. Everyone had been taken one by one, no mercy was given to each of them.

"How... how'd you even get here Painty?"

The confused tone astonished Paintbrush, they chuckled lightly and responded softly. Their voice was calm, smooth like a river, "Fan left, why can't I?" A frown appeared on their face, unknown to Lightbulb. "I saw her, I saw her walk in and knew immediately. You weren't going to be okay. Lightbulb, you are broken to pieces. And somehow,  you haven't even tried to tape it together and call it glue."

They were right she couldn't deny they, tears continuing to fill the river they were drifting on together. It brought them away from everything. Paintbrush took her hands and she went to look down. But- her eyes were dragged away by Paintbrush's voice.

"It's going to be okay, alright?" Paintbrush explained to her softly. The light nodded in response, bringing herself in again. It was odd, their wood felt so cold. Something felt so wrong in the moment... nothing seemed to be right anymore. More noises of distress left Lightbulb's mouth as she tried to hold it back. She was embarrassing herself, but clearly the brush didn't seem to care.

They shushed her calmly, and pet her head. Running their hands on her smooth glass surface, she smiled slightly, "You're so bright, and beautiful." Their words made her heart tie in knots. They had tossed her heart in a warm fire and watched it burn every second with a smile. The burning in her chest was so nice... but it hurt so much. Why?

Paintbrush held her face and kissed her forehead before pressing theirs to hers. Lightbulb pushed away her questions and sat in the moment, pushing herself forward. Her head rested on their chest, maybe death could take her now. But at least she wouldn't be alone. It could drown her in that drowsy drifting stream, she wouldn't care. But she was already here wasn't she?

More tears and sobs releasing and filling the river they were sitting in. They were already in over their heads and she didn't even realize it. She didn't dare look at her hands, she didn't want to accept this fate. Instead those hands clutched onto the object so close to her. She couldn't let go this yet.

Yet. Not yet. Yet, was life really fair? No, no it's not. Sobbing and screaming to stay in their arms longer, they apologized as they held her one last time. "I wish I didn't have to go either... I know I'll see you again."

They stood up from the bed and began to walk for the door. She couldn't let them, she wasn't ready for it all to end. Scrambling forward, she reached forward and crashed through the floor.

She falls, breaking the surface of the calm water.

She wakes up.