Bucky || Only Time Can Fix Us

||FLUF||
// Plot:
Present: During Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
Past: After Captain America: The First Avenger

Warning: violence, heavy fighting, inappropriate language. However this imagine is a fluff one so nothing more to say.

Enjoy.
//

I feel warmth spread through my body and I start to feel it and be aware of it. I hear a man talking to someone but my eyes feel so heavy. What is going on? Diffuse sounds penetrate my eardrum and as seconds go by it's like they get clearler.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier?" A familiar voice creeps in and I can feel the air entering my lungs.

"Howard Stark left some detailed instructions. I'm actually breaking some of them." A deeper voice rings in my ear and I cannot put a face to that voice.

"She was my best friend. She's alive and you let me think everyone from my past was dead, Fury. How many secrets does Shield keep from me?" The familiar voice asks as I try to open my eyes.

"Steve, she's waking up." The dark figure says as I open my eyes like waking up from a dream. Where the fuck am I?

*Flashback to 1950*

"I don't care, Stark. It's been almost 6 years since my fiancé died. My best friend died. I don't care if I die too. I have nothing, absolutely nothing in this life." I say with tears in my eyes and Howard studies my face.

"You have me." Stark tells me and he is not the sentimental type so I know he means this. "And Carter and Jarvis..." Howard tells me and I gulp knowing all this is true, but there are two men that are missing, my best friend and my fiancé. I will never get them back.

"Do I? Howard, Carter is still on the trial of her life to try and prove herself trying so hard to create this new division. Jarvis is always around her helping her and you spend most of your time inventing new technologies and the rest of it in some woman's bed." I speak looking around and Howard gulps looking at me.

"You'll never going to get him back, Y/n. At least Peggy accepted that." Stark speaks and I shoot him one of my death glares.

"Don't you dare compare me to Carter." I say raising my voice at Stark. She might've lost Steve, but I lost them both. They were the only family I ever cared for, I grew up with them both, Carter could never understand my pain.

"Cryogenic is just an experiment of mine. I have no idea if it actually works. Y/n, I cannot kill you. I cannot be the one responsible for that." He explains and I cannot take this anymore.

"Howard please. I cannot stand this life anymore. I tried to move on, I tried to forget Bucky and Steve, but I just cannot live my life anymore. I want to wake up one day and not recognize the world I live in. I cannot spend another day in my house and seeing pictures of me and James and Steve, I cannot do that. Maybe Carter can move on, but I grew up with these men. I cannot do it. Please, don't let me end up killing myself. Please, just figure something up, I don't want to feel this emptiness. I cannot handle it for much longer." At this point I'm begging him to do this and I see him sighing softly giving in to my request.

*end of flashback*

"Y/n?" The blurred vision focuses and I see my best friend in front of my eyes.

"Steve?" I ask shocked and I cannot understand what is happening. "Did Howard invent time travel?" I gasp remembering what had happened to me looking at Steve and he just shakes his head running towards me and hugs his strong arms around my body.