Bucky || Only Time Can Fix Us pt 2

// Plot:
Present: After Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Past: In the 1950s

Summary: Bucky remembers about his past and pays Y/n a visit.

Enjoy!
//

"Doll Face..." he whispers standing in my door and I feel a lump in my throat. It's him. He remembers me. I feel tears rolling down my cheek looking at him and I see his eyes welling up as well.  "I'm so sorry." He stands still not knowing what to do. I smile jumping into his arms and I can feel him crying as he embraces me tight.

"Hi." I whisper through the tears snaking my arms even tighter around his neck not being able to say anything else. I lean out to look at him because I think I'm dreaming at this point. My favorite blue eyes are staring back into mine and we're both so overwhelmed to see each other.

He steps inside my apartment closing the door behind him, not breaking eye contact and he just gulps looking at me. I hug him again needing to make sure he's actually here.

"I'm sorry. God, I am so sorry." He cries holding me and I am so happy to hear him being Bucky and not that monster who threw me unconscious to the ground.

"It's okay, Buck. I'm okay." I whisper and he leans out and travels his thumb on my cheek.
I can see all the regret on his face and all the pain he carries in this moment.

"Are you really here?" He asks looking so confused as to how I am alive. His eyes move to my necklace and my hand instinctively touches the ring hanging from it. He gulps looking back to my eyes and I nod to his question.

"Yeah. I thought you were dead and after I heard Steve died too, I couldn't bear the thought of living anymore and Stark, he uhm... used the cryogenic and now they woke me up." I explain quickly still overwhelmed by his sight.

"Y/n..." he whispers as he wants to cup my head and then he looks at his metal hand and lowers it. I catch that and I take that hand in mine and bring it to my face. "I could've killed you." He says looking down and closes his eyes pulling me towards his chest.

"But you didn't." I say inhaling his scent and I close my eyes for the first time feeling like home. I love this. "It took you a while." I smile holding him.

"To what?" He asks confused and I look up to him.

"To come back to me." I say and this is the first time I see his beautiful smile spread softly on his face. I travel my hand on his face and lean in to kiss him because I've missed him so much it hurts. He looks at my lips and I feel his chest rising and falling quickly.

"Y/n... I've done so many wrong things. I have so much innocent blood on my hands. I..." he tells me leaning out knowing I am about to kiss him.

"I don't care. It was not you." I say leaning in again and he sighs shaking his head taking a step back.

"I think you really should know this... I am thr one who killed Stark... and his wife." He says looking at me and my whole body instantly freezes. I tilt my head confused looking at him. I gulp trying to process and the look on his face makes it so hard for me because I know he is full of guilt.

*flashback to '50s*
"Are you sure?" Howard asks me and I nod.

"Absolutely." I smile and he gulps looking at his machinery.

"Well I'm not. You're being selfish." He says looking at me and I try hard not to break rye contact.

"Strong words coming from you, Howard." I say knowing that all this time I did nothing but be there for him. "Let's not forget who flew you all around the globe when everyone thought you paid someone to steal your inventions only to sell them on the black market. I stood by your side every time someone doubted you. I helped Peggy clear your name more than three times. I almost died saving your arse. How dare you call me selfish when all along you're the one who was being selfish?" I ask and he clenches his jaw looking at me.