22| His Invitation To Hell

Archer stared at the wet blood on the walls as the aroma from the room filled his nose with the sharp scent of ivory

Archer stared at the wet blood on the walls as the aroma from the room filled his nose with the sharp scent of ivory. The walls whispered the screams of the lifeless bloody forms on the ground.

He wondered if Violet heard it too or if his mind just like him that much to replay the bone crushing and desperate screams of people grasping for the end of a slipping rope.

His face blank and his eyes glazed over like packed ice, his body and mind didn't react. The fuse in his brain was trying to kick start any kind of emotions but it was as good as throwing sparks at a wet log.

He turned to Violet and suddenly a fire burst inside his chest as he saw how distraught she looks. Her skin was paper and the tears in her eyes burned hot trails down her porcelain cheeks.

"Violet, you shouldn't have seen this." He spoke out trying to keep his gruff voice soft. He noticed her eyes go faint and her head start slip back in unconsciousness.

Archer rushed over to her just in time to catch her before she fell to her knees. He held her and slowly lowered to the ground with her, her small body burying into his chest for protection and comfort. She shook violently as silent tears soaked his shoulder.

He cursed in Italian and ran a hand over her silk hair. Truthfully, Archer had no idea what the fuck he was doing. This was normal to him, blood and chaos was a light breakfast for Archer.

Hell, the man liked it.

And he'd never comforted anyone before, not even himself. No one showed that kind of affection towards him ever.

He was lost but every part of him wanted to try even though he felt like Bambi fumbling on his own fucking legs.

He chocked on his words before taking her face in his hands and wiped the salty streams off her tear stained cheek. Archer noticed the warm glowing flecks of gold in her green eyes had seemed to dim to a muted yellow.

He felt a tinge in his heart and his gut twisted with a feeling new to him.

Guilt.

He didn't protect her from this.

Archer closed his eyes and leaned his forehead against hers and whispered, "I-I'm sorry."

Her cries only seemed to grow more intense but Violet wrapped her warm arms around his broad shoulders and sobbed.

Archer ran his fingers through her hair and kissed her cheek before grabbing her and lifting the small female onto his waist. She clung to him desperately as she shook slightly.