ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔽𝕠𝕦𝕣

Before Erica could even leave the house for work, her day was called short. In the back of Corey's car, with her left leg propped on Craig's lap, tears sprung to her eyes.

"What the hell, Erica! Why didn't you tell me sooner?!" Yelled Corey from the drivers seat.

Erica gripped the fabric of her work-pants, "I know, I'm sorry. I didn't think it was such a big deal." She sobbed.

Corey huffed, "Even if you didn't tell me, why didn't you see the doctor or somethin'?"

'I thought it'd heal by itself.'

Earlier that morning Erica rolled, groaning awake. Her knee began to throb again as she left her bedside to change clothes. Still tangled up in her blanket, Erica crashed to the floor.

"Corey!" She yelped out, "Corey!"

Craig answered, peeking his head through the door, before rushing to her aid. Mick came in, concern stamped on his face. Craig shrugged it off, pulling Erica to her feet, saying: "Get Corey."

And now there they were, the guys sitting in the waiting room. Corey's knee bounced in anxiety, Mick stoic, and Craig busy with a magazine.

By the passing hour, Erica emerged in a wheelchair pushed by a nurse. Pain medication fresh in Erica's system, she held up an ice pack, sleepy-eyed.

🎸🎸🎸

Two weeks had passed since the Hospital visit.

Erica eyed the dress within her hands. Now she wanted to go the wedding. Tears pooling in her eyes.

She thought to herself: Stop being so selfish!

But it was too late. James and a few of the others were all there, and there was nothing she could do now.

A sigh left Erica, dropping the dress to floor and curling back into her blankets.

A knock made her jump, she was so lost in the moment Erica thought Corey had left by then.

"I'm leaving," Corey said peaking his head through the threshold, "Mick didn't wanna go, so he'll be baby sittin' you for a bit."

Erica's eyes widen, 'But--'

Before she could even reply, her brother had the car turned on, pulling out of the drive way.

Erica was speechless, eyes staring blankly at the ceiling for what seemed like ever.

An hour later did Mick come knocking at the front door. Erica hadn't even left her room yet, too scared to be seen. Another wrap made way. Erica groaned, her gaze falling onto her crutches.

"Hey," Mick said nonchalantly as the door was pulled open.

Erica avoided eye-contact, 'Come in.'

The sounds of her crutches echoed through out the room as she mad her way to the living room, with Mick behind.

'The TV's all yours, I'll be in my room.' And Erica did as she said, leaving Mick all by himself.

(A/N: sorry for the long wait and such a short chapter, but a lot has come up. My dog had puppies, my family got sick with the "Backstreet Boys reunion tour" (We're fine now, I didn't catch it thank goodness). But more importantly on my end, I was offered a contract with Webnovel... THE Webnovel, and I'm not sure what to make of it. I was excited and signed up, but now I'm terrifyingly skeptical that not only could it be a scam, but now they possibly have property over one of my stories that I offered to post as part of their website and to tie in with my contract. 😢😢😢)

(I was going to post this tomorrow, because they hold their business conversations for the weekdays. But you guys deserve this chapter, just wanted to keep y'all in touch with the news.)