⋇- 16: Comeback of a National Hero -⋇

"What was that?" Mei looked around, breathing heavily.

Noticing her panic, En rubbed her shoulder. He examined his surroundings. Through the spacious area that had various attractions visible, En noticed several people running in different directions as if they were running away from something.

The roar mixed with panicked voices in the background. Mei touched En's hand, trembling. The fun music that had brightened the atmosphere was no longer playing, instead, a feminine voice took its place. The voice warned the people to stay in the park as the city was currently under attack. It advised them to gather in the park's security area for safety.

"Security area?" En frowned. "Where could it be?"

Right after he asked that question, two voices close to their area asked the crowd to calm down and follow them to the park's security zone. En glanced by his side and saw a woman and a man in some kind of white and scarlet uniform. Looking at them, En concluded that they might be agents.

"We should follow them," suggested Mei.

En nodded. "Okay."

As he pushed the wheelchair, En noticed Mei breathing in and out as though she was trying to keep calm. He patted her dark head.

"Don't stress yourself by being scared," he said. "Nothing will happen to you. I'm here."

Mei looked up at him. "Sorry. It's the first time I'm experiencing this. As I told you before, as a child of one of the members of the royal family, the only places I visited before I was diagnosed were areas that rarely suffered attacks. I've seen on T.V the aftermath of an attack so I can't help but feel a bit scared."

"Everything will be alright," reassured En. "Relax."

Mei nodded before she focused her gaze on her front. The crowd around them increased as they followed the two agents that had medium-sized robots strolling alongside them. The roars on the background persisted, followed by firearms. A few minutes passed as they walked around the park, passing by several attractions and small shops filling the wide land.

As another minute passed, En noticed that the roar that had been filling the silence had faded. From the chatter in the crowd, En seemed not to be the only one who had noticed that. Some wondered if the authorities had succeeded in stopping the threat.

The two agents guiding them stopped. They seemed busy talking to someone on their earpiece. Not long after that, the two agents grabbed their weapons and modified the robots by their side to battle.

Uneasy chatter filled the atmosphere, with many guessing that the monster was already in the park.

"Please calm down," said the female agent with short dark hair. "This is only for precaution. Our colleagues are still fighting the threat, so please follow us to the safe area."

There was a moment of doubt in the crowd, with some wondering if the agents were saying the truth.

"The longer we stay here, the more in danger we will be," said the strong male agent.

As the agent turned around to guide the people, the crowd finally followed them with fear and worry still dominating them.

The deafening silence bothered En as he walked along with the worried crowd. He couldn't help but feel something bad was about to happen. As they passed a new area that had attractions featuring water, someone in the group wondered how long it would take them to reach the security zone.

A sound of a firearm sparked the air before anyone could answer that question. Screams filled the atmosphere as several creatures appeared in front of them. Through the people that were dispersing in front of him, En could see the threats. Even from that distance, En could see that the pale creatures were taller than the tallest human in the worlds.