⋇- 28: Request -⋇

The sound of clashing blades sparked the silence as two young men engaged in a duel. En tightened his grip on his short sword, swaying it left and right in an attempt to break Marius' defense. Marius smiled, evading every try of his opponent's attacks.

En stopped his attack midway as his opponent quickly walked to the left side. Another steel sound filled the atmosphere as En protected himself from Marius' counterattack.

Marius smiled again, his hand rapidly curling around En's wrist. En peeked on the corner of his eyes, spotting his cousin's hand before setting his gaze back at him.

"I guess this is the end of our duel," said Marius, confidence flowing in his tone.

En raised a brow. He then removed his wrist from Marius' grasp before his cousin could disarm him. Marius succeeded in keeping his balance, but before he could concentrate on the duel again, En grabbed his wrist.

The blade fell on the short dark blue grass as soon as En forced his cousin to drop his weapon. Marius gazed at his short sword on the ground and then at En.

"It's not good to sing victory so early," said En with a proud smile.

"You're right." Marius grabbed his blade. "I should've disarmed you and then shove my victory on your face. I was so close, it's a bit frustrating."

A quick chuckle escaped En's lips before he noticed Miria and Kraden approach their area.

"What happened there, Marius?" wondered Miria as soon as she reached them. "Your victory looked certain for a second there."

Marius scratched his head. "I was distracted and En got me."

"Is that so?" Miria tilted her head.

Marius looked sideways and replied with a nod. En guessed his cousin was embarrassed to have lost like this. It wasn't the first time Marius lost a duel because of wanting to show off before taking down his opponent.

"That was a close duel; I wasn't sure who would win," said Kraden. "You two have definitely improved. I was surprised on how you're still so skillful, Marius, despite not training anymore."

"Who said I don't train anymore?" Marius frowned.

Kraden let out a quick chuckle. "No one. Since you've been focusing on your career, I assumed you had stopped training."

"I still train a few times a week," said Marius. "I have to be in shape or En and Miria will surpass me."

A smile spread across Kraden's face. "I'm glad to hear you still have an interest in martial arts."

Marius smiled at him. Gazing at his cousin, En wondered when his cousin started losing interest in being someone like Kraden and focused on being a journalist.

"You did very well, Your Highness." Kraden folded his arms. "If you concentrate on the battle next week, it'll be an easy win."

"It'll be an easy win even if I don't use my sword," said En. "My Blue Flames are enough."

Kraden frowned. "That will kill him."

"That's the plan." En played with his blade. "He has to pay for what he has done. I don't know why we're wasting time training if I can bring him down just by using my ability."

En still wondered what that man was planning to set the day of the challenge on the following week. Two days had passed since he heard his aunt's and uncle's report. Even though not much time had passed, his patience was over the roof and he couldn't wait to finally release his anger. The pointless training Kraden had decided to give him wasn't helping much to distract him.