⋇- 17: With Grandmother -⋇

The sound of pelting rain met En's ears as he lay on one of the sofas of his room and typed on his phone. It had been half an hour since he started exchanging messages with Miria, whom he always made sure to contact every day as he promised the first time he called her when he reached this country.

As always, their chats would start with her asking him how he was doing and if he had finally decided when he would return home. But as he always replied with a message saying one day, a friendly fight would start, with Miria telling him to be serious. Their conversation would go on and on until someone would call them.

This time Miria was the one who had to go, but before she went offline, she left one last message. She said that she hoped that the conversation he would have with her father would finally make him decide what he wanted to do. En frowned and typed a message asking her what she meant by that and if her father would call him that day.

A minute passed as he waited for her response. As another minute passed, En concluded that Miria was busy. He placed his phone on the small glass table by his side and for a moment, he thought of messaging Luana. He sighed, thinking that it was better to talk to her personally after what happened in the park. He didn't expect her to be so hurt.

As the sound of pelting rain kept filling the silence, En remained laid on the cream-colored sofa, his dark eyes meeting the crystal chandelier decorating the ceiling. Losing himself in his thoughts, he wondered what Kraden wanted to talk about. For sure, he would try to convince him to fight for that throne.

Upon imagining that, he remembered what Belinsk had told him. He said that Regina and Kraden would want to see En to convince him to fight for a throne no one wanted to see him on. He curled his fingers. Despite hating that man with passion, he agreed with him on one thing, there was no point in ruling a country that despised him.

Whatever Kraden wanted to talk about with him, it wouldn't convince him to go back to Celestia. In the last week, he had been away from his world, he had been feeling at home in the Yue Kingdom. If it wasn't for his uncles, he would have stayed in this world for as long as he could.

The sound of a knocking door made him jump a little. He shifted a bit to have a seat, realizing that he had spaced out a lot to be caught by surprise by a knocking door.

"Come in," he said, sitting properly on the sofa.

The sound of a door opening mixed with the sound of falling rain. The sound of shoes tapping the floor grew louder as someone approached the area. En didn't take long to see the short elderly woman in colorful hanfu reach him with a smile.

"Hello, Grandmother," greeted En.

"So you ran away from me to trap yourself back in your room?" teased his grandmother having a seat by his side. "You younglings from nowadays are such shut-ins. We could have spent this rainy day playing cards or something."

A quick chuckle escaped En's lips. He remembered that after having lunch with his grandmother, he spent a bit of time with her chatting and watching a local talk show he found boring.

"Sorry," he said, rubbing his head. "I had a call from my cousin."

His grandmother blinked two times. "Your cousin? Which one?"

"You don't know her," he said. "She's from Eteria."

"Oh," his grandmother's brows arched. She then looked at her lap.

En wondered if she was expecting the name of one of her grandchildren. She seemed a little disappointed.

"You have caring cousins by your side," she said, breaking the brief silence. "One moment you're with one of my grandchildren and in another, you're chatting with your cousin from Eteria."