Chapter 44

Mia Jackson

"Hey honey" my mom hugged me. "Hey mom" I sighed. "The other day you left here shocked, what was wrong?" She asked.

"Nothing I just remembered that I forgot to do something important" I lied.

"Mhm, okay. So I was thinking that all of us should have a little lunch together just so we can get to know each other" she said.

"Uhm, I'm not sure that's a good idea. I don't think I'm ready to meet her yet" I lied once again.

"Are you sure? Jordan said that Brooklyn is a really nice and kind person . I think you and her will get along" she smiled. "Mom, I said I don't wanna meet her yet! Like damn" I snapped.

"Sorry for putting pressure on you then" she sighed. "But you have to come to their wedding though. I heard Sharife proposed to her a few days ago" she smiled getting excited.

Proposed?
Wedding?
Fuck no.

"Sure" I put on a smile. "Mom have you seen my-...hey sis" Jordan smiled. "Hey jhit" I smiled back.

"Jhit? Bro I'm grown" he chuckled. "You may be taller than me but that don't mean you older than me" I chuckled.

"Yeah,yeah whatever shortie" he waved me off laughing.

"Mom have you seen my sneakers that Brooklyn bought for me? Been looking for them everywhere" he said getting irritated while looking for them.

"Your stuff are everywhere. I bet that damn room isn't clean too" my mom shook her head helping him look for them.

"Ouu! Found them" he smiled as picked them up from behind the couch.

I couldn't bare seeing him wear something that Brooklyn bought him so I grabbed them from him quickly.

"Mia, stop playing and give them back" Jordan shook his head. "No. You can't wear these" I said putting them behind my back. "Why not?" He asked. "Because I can buy you better ones" I smiled.

"What?" He chuckled. "These are Gucci, bro. Brooklyn spent at least a thousand on these. It can't get better than this" he chuckled.

"Give them back" he tried reaching for my back. "Mom, get your daughter 'cause she tweaking right now" he shook his head. "Mia, give them back" she said sternly. "I can't believe you're choosing Brooklyn over me" I gave the shoes back.

"Nobody is choosing anybody over you. I forgot yo' ass bipolar as fuck sometimes" He shook his head and went upstairs.

"Language!" My mom hollered. "Sorry!" He hollered back.

-

Brooklyn Boston

"Nah, the word Daddy is so sexualized now. My kids gon have to call me bro or something" Dior shook his head.

"I thought you said you don't want kids" I chuckled. "Not now. The streets need me" he smiled then Kayla smacked him upside the head.

"You be saying the dumbest shit sometimes" Sharife shook his head laughing.

"Ight Kayla let's go" Dior stood up. "Why? We got nowhere to be" Kayla said confused. "Yes we do. We gotta do that thing" he said. "What thing?" She asked. "The THING!" Dior said.

"Ohh, the thing" she chuckled. "Y'all are so nasty" I laughed knowing they were talking 'bout sex.

"Let's goooo" Dior said imitating Dababy.

Kayla grabbed her stuff and they headed out.

"Ight so run that back...Mia is your half sister?" Sharife laughed. "Aye, don't laugh" I gently hit him on the chest.