Consequences

The drive back to the Hope County Jail was quiet, because of the uncertainty and the possible consequences no scratch that the inevitable consequences that would come from arriving to the prison with Faith Seed still alive after being told to Kill her.. 

You and the Sheriff arrive to the prison with you carrying faith in your arms, when you see Tracy storming towards you and the Sheriff. 

"Deputy, Sheriff what the hell is this why is she still alive" she yells while everyone around you in the prison trains their gun on you both. 

Quickly you think of something anything to say to defuse the situation. 

"Shes hurt and I wasn't going to leave her die in that river"

You say this as you push past Tracey and take Faith up to one of the cells on the top floor that no one uses.    

Once you get her into the cell you lay her down softly on one of the cots as shes still unconscious from taking in so much water. upon further examination you see a bright red spot near her shoulder area panicking you call out for the Sheriff to get the doctor. 

Not even 5 seconds later Whitehorse comes in with Doctor Lindsey, the Doctor kneels down to survey her wound.

 "The bullet passed right through Im going to have to work fast to avoid any blood loss" He said as he started to treat the wound. 

Tracy storms in yelling "No this isn't gonna happen supplies are scarce enough as they are and you want to use them to save Josephs Whore"

She attempts to barge in to stop Charles but you step in front of her and place your hand on your gun. The stern look you give her is all she needs to back down saying 

"Fine but your going to have to answer for this your friends and everyone wants to know why you did what you did" 

And with that Tracy walks away seemingly fuming you turn back to the doctor and walk into the cell. "Is she..going to be ok"  You ask with concern in your voice. The doctor smiles and tells you she will and that she'll need some rest. Before he walks out You thank him and he turns to you and smiles saying just doing my job. 

Before you turn to leave you look back and see Faith sleeping and smile slightly to yourself before you left to go explain your decision to keep the Bliss Herald alive....

The Author here let me know how y'all are liking this story its my first one so any feedback would be swell. I promise its going to start picking up real soon Peace out...