don't leave

She felt deteriorated,like she was just a shell filled with suffering.Her eyes constantly stung with tears that didn't fall.Why don't they fall?She would whine internally,she was in pain and she couldn't express it.She was happy before what happened to that?Then she turned to look at the photo and the feeling was there again,the aching of her heart.She would clutch at it and fall to her knees sobbing,it was unbearable.She had never imagined the feeling of a broken heart would bring you this much agony.Her friend wasn’t there anymore,she never will be again and she cried even more at that thought.The wound was cut into her heart when she heard that she would be getting married.She guessed it was then that all of this began,her friend knew her feelings yet she still decided to ignore them,deciding to tear her apart like this.Then what were those words they shared,her words that told her that she really loved her as well,had those words been a lie.Would she even apologize for hurting her like this?Would she care?Her hands shook as she took the photo in her hands,blood ran down her forearm and her fingers left prints on it as she clutched it to her chest.She let out a scream that echoed in her room and took the rest of her energy,she fainted.When she woke up she was in a hospital bed,the gentle beeping of the heart monitor was all she heard aside from soft snores from right next to her.She looked over to see her friend sleeping comfortably on a small couch,a lump formed in her throat at the sight of her and she had to look away.After awhile a nurse came in and she pretended to sleep but she heard her friend wake up and there was a conversation exchanged between the nurse and her.She then felt a hand gently settle on her shoulder, “I hope you wake up soon,I was so worried about you,I’m leaving right now but I’ll be back.” With that the hand withdrew and she heard the door being closed,there was a faint whisper of a goodbye in the back of her head.After that she requested that only her parents be allowed to visit,she wanted to keep her distance as if apologizing for worrying her friend but she also did it for herself.This way she can be able to live peacefully,she went to therapy but they didn’t understand the extent of her pain.She grew weaker from stress and depression,her body didn’t function like it should as if it were shutting down slowly.In the end she passed away,she wasn’t getting the help she needed,some say she passed because of a broken heart others prefer not to think too much about the painful memory of her rather deteriorated appearance.Her friend stood in all black with tears in her eyes,she held a bouquet of white tulips in her hands,she apologized over and over again but it had been too late.