Thomas - Littlebean

This is based off of the movie because I haven't read the books in years yeee 😬

The Glade was a nice little pocket of safety within the middle of the ever changing and dangerous Maze. Cut off from the rest of the world a handful of boys made a stable home within the Glade. Each month a metal box will rise from the depths of the Earth to bring supplies and a new boy. Or so everyone thought.

The Box came as scheduled but this time, instead of a boy, it was a little girl no older than eight. She huddled in the corner of the Box terrified when Alby and the few other boys opened it. With caution, as if approaching a wounded animal, Alby lowered himself into the Box and slowly made his way to the girl.

"Hey. Hey, there. It's okay. You're okay. I'm not gonna hurt ya." He held a hand out to her and she hesitantly took it. As if a switch had flicked the girl flung herself into his arms and buried her face in his chest. He petted her hair a bit to calm her some more. "My name is Alby. Can you tell me yours?" He asked once he was able to pull away and look at her face more.

Her face scrunched up in thought until her lip trembled and her eyes watered again. "I don't know. I don't remember."

"It's okay, it's normal. It happened to me too. It'll come back to you in a day or two. Come on. Let's go meet my friends, yeah? They're nice." She nodded and he smiled at her. He held her and got help from the other boys to climb out of the Box.

"Hey there, little one. My name is Newt." The blonde introduced himself. She waved at him and he smiled. The other boys introduced themselves and after a while she began to get more comfortable. Of course it was frightening for a little girl to wake up disoriented in a box with no memory whatsoever but she seemed to bounce back quickly. A good quality for anyone living in the Glade.

Going through the contents of the Box they found a small box that held clothes that would fit the girl. That night the girl was running around the fire playing with the boys when she tripped. She faceplanted and hit her head on the ground.

"Are you okay?" Newt fretted over the girl as he kneeled down and helped her sit up.

She rubbed her forehead with a wince but then her eyes widened. "Y/n. My name is Y/n!" She yelled excitedly.

"And a pretty name it is, fitting for an adorable little girl." Newt poked her sides and she giggled, batting his hand away.

"I'm gonna go tell Alby!" She scurried to her feet and ran to where the mentioned boy was to tell him the exciting news.

Thomas watched the screens with a little smile that didn't reach his eyes. Sadness swirled in the brown depths as he thought about what he had done. He had sent his own sister into that god forsaken death trap. But, honestly, being in the Glade was far better than being in the hands of WICKED where she was tested and experimented on constantly. Because she was the little sister of the promising Thomas, they thought she would prove just as promising in other places.

Time went by and Y/n grew up in the little Glade. Every few months the Box would come up with clothes for the growing girl so she still had things that fit. And each month a new boy was brought up. No one understood why she was the only girl to have been sent but no one really questioned it anymore. They were just glad for the bit of carefree happiness that she brought with her.

She was always happy, always sporting a smile and playing with one of the boys when they had free time. Of course there were times when she would have to be comforted when she would cry because of the scary sounds coming from the Maze but most often than not she was the one comforting others. She was the little light that kept the Gladers from descending too far into darkness.