00. The Truth About Kian

:: T H E  T R U T H  A B O U T   K I A N ::

Epigraph

"He must have felt that he had lost the old warm world, paid a high price for living too long with a single dream."

— The Great Gatsby, F. Scott Fitzgerald

Synopsis

"If the boy who had everything didn't want to go on, what hope was there for the rest of us?"

When the beautiful and brilliant Kian Daniels commits suicide, no one in the small town of Scire can understand why. Everyone believed that Kian had it all: the popularity, the looks and the ability to achieve anything.

Somehow, Reed Elliot — an aspiring journalist who idolized and envied Kian — gets saddled with the job that no one wants: writing a feature article about the boy who no longer wanted to live.

With the help of Kian's old journal and his best friend, Reed soon discovers that the boy everyone thought they knew ... didn't exist.

Playlist

• Viva La Vida — Coldplay

• The Scientist — Coldplay

• Hall of Fame — The Script ft. will.i.am

• The Kids Aren't All Right — Fall Out Boy

• Little Talks — Of Monsters and Men

• Somebody to Love — Kacy Musgraves

• Wings — Birdy

• Lean On —Major Lazer & DJ Snake ft. MØ

• Waiting For Love — Avicii

• Merry Go 'Round — Kacy Musgraves

• Another You — Armin va Buuren ft. Mr. Probz

Author's Note

This was my first story on Wattpad, and despite its flaws, it is a story very close to my heart. Please be aware that TTAK deals with mature subject matter, so please understand that crass comments will not be appreciated.

I also want to say that suicide is a terrible, terrible thing, and if you're considering taking your own life, please talk to someone. Whether it be a parent, close friend or help line, just please talk to someone. No one is entirely alone, and I hope every one of you know how much you are valued by the people in your life.

Thank you for reading,

Wren

:: Cover by DancingDarkness ::