Part 7

Normally when you're pressed up against a wall by someone, you're trying to fight your way out of it. I don't think I could have pushed her off me if I tried. Her lips felt so wanting, and her breathing was erratic; I could hear it in between each time her lips met mine. I tried to put my arms around her but as soon as I lifted my hands she pinned them to the wall with her own, intertwining her fingers with mine in the process. 

To the outside observer it may have looked like we hadn't seen each other in years, not just a few days which was the reality of it. We had even SEEN each other in those few days, we just had had no time together where we could do this. I thought mine - and everyone else' - reward was getting to wear our berets after we had gotten back from the ruck march. But right now, it kinda felt like THIS was my reward. 

With the speed at which she was kissing me, it seemed like she was about to kiss the color off of my lips - whatever there was left. Of course, my lips had been dry and cold after marching back in the rain, but they warmed up real fast with all this attention.  

I could have stayed pinned against this wall forever. I was trying to kiss her back, but it was hard to make it look like I was doing much of anything but taking the full brunt of her assault. 

This must have been what the first guy (I know, ew) I ever went on a date with felt like when I had kissed him. Of course I'd forced myself to at the time - I thought that's what you were supposed to do when you went to the movies on a date. I had initiated it as he was watching the movie. He had both arm rests down (who even DOES that on a movie date) and his arms were planted firmly on each of them. I remember thinking to myself: 'what the hell are you doing, you don't even like him' as I closed my eyes to kiss him. And what did he do? He just stayed in the EXACT same position, merely turning his head towards me as I did the majority of the work. What a fucking douchebag. Foreshadowing though, I suppose, right? 

Anyway that's how I felt at the moment. All I was able to do was make small attempts at gaining some kind of upper hand, which mostly amounted to me flicking her tongue with mine a few times halfheartedly. Then, seemingly out of nowhere, it all just stopped. 

She was breathing heavily, and I felt the warmth of her breath below my mouth. I felt like sliding down the wall and onto the ground, as if I'd just been knocked out or something, but in the best way. She'd managed to steal all my remaining energy with her lips. 

"I uh..." She brushed her lips with a finger as she spoke, "I'm sorry, Sel. I couldn't help myself." 

I just smiled widely at her. "That's TOTALLY fine. Let me know if you ever feel like you can't help yourself again." 

She chuckled and shrugged. "I told you to kiss me. You waited too long, what was I supposed to do?" 

I scoffed. "I waited? I think you waited as long as it took to finish that phrase to launch onto me, but OKAY, Dev. Whatever you say..." I couldn't help but laugh. 

She backed away from me and looked at the ground. "Unfortunately, I can't keep you in here all night. I'm feeling pretty weak to come up with some kind of reason I had you in here if someone asks. As it is, I'm pretty much banking on everyone being asleep when you leave out of here and not asking any questions." 

I smirked. So this whole thing was basically improvised. DS Lovato. Devonne. Tactician and soldier. Except for right now. 

I complained. "So I can't stay a little bit longer with you? C'mon, Dev... just like... fifteen minutes. You can't just... dominate me like you just did and then kick me out..." 

She stared into my eyes for a second before her eyes traveled down my body and back up. 

I felt like I might have made her reconsider, so I said nothing, instead allowing her to go through this process two or three times.