43. like nothing ever happened

We were close to see the sun but clouds got in our way
(and so)
Every night I dream in
I'm starting to believe in
What you say when I'm asleep and that you need me
...

Lou's POV

"Hey wake up," I feel a shake at my shoulder and I flicker my eyes open to the sunlight blinding me through the windows.

"Where are we?" I ask noticing Daniel in the front seat driving already and it seems to me that we're pulling into a drive-through.

"Chick-fil-A. I thought that we could eat breakfast. It's six-thirty right now." Daniel says before pulling out his wallet from his pocket. I stare down at my clothes, noticing they aren't wet anymore and half of my hair has fallen out of my loose ponytail.

Daniel orders us food after making me tell him what I want and just like that we park off to the side and begin to eat.

"Can I ask you something?" I look up at him and wipe my hands off with a napkin, "Have you ever considered getting therapy?"

"I've already done therapy," Daniel sighs, "I feel like I should go visit a psychiatrist and get myself on medications for-

"No!" I shout and cover my mouth and how scratchy my throat is.

"Don't get medication. That can make it worse...maybe you should just talk to someone about the way you feel. Expressing your feelings helps you become more relaxed. You don't need to hide it anymore." I smile at him, clearing my throat as I grab the trash from my meal and throw it into the trash can by the street light next to the car.

"Are you sick?" He asks me, his eyebrows furrowing together making me indicate that he's confused and trying to figure that out.

"It's a small cold I'll be fine." I shew him off, pushing at his shoulder but before I can pull my hand back he grasps on to it.

"No, it's not," he pauses, "You aren't allowed to be in classes with a fever Louise." He presses his other hand against my forehead and I pull back at how freezing cold the back of his hand feels.

"You should rest until it's gone."

I groan at Daniel in defeat knowing that he is right. I feel like a headache is coming upon me with how overwhelmed I am in my thoughts right now. Daniel literally tried to kill himself not even twenty four hours ago, I'm gonna miss class and work, I have things to take care of and-

"What?" Daniel says interrupting my thoughts.

"Just thinking," I mumble as I get out of the car, and Daniel and I switch seats. Him surprisingly letting me drive. I know he is terrified of my driving and will tease me by holding the handle right above the door just for fun.

I drive while my thoughts still try to consume me in this world pool. Especially focusing on the words Daniel said to me last night.

I'd wait for you.

He makes me feel like I put hope back into our relationship which makes me think that it is the only thing holding him back from pulling the trigger. It isn't like I've lost feelings for him, I just think it is best for us to focus on ourselves.