Chapter Eleven: Make you scream (Elias' POV & Emi's POV)

I looked at the walls of the ice cave as I ventured farther in. I never remembered there being so many passage ways since the last time I was here. There used to be one tunnel, one room, but now there were many.

Ah, you’ve come to take up my offer?

I jumped at the sound of that voice in my head. Yes, yes I am here, and you probably already know that. “Quill!” I called, hoping to have gotten his attention in reality. Our thoughts were unsafe if my mother was at all involved in this. No, never mind, how could I possibly call her my mother? She said those things about me. That I would kill, that I was a changeling, and that I needed a father. Please, Emi, I already had a father!

                So you know? Hah, how could I have been so blind? You knew all this time, little changeling, you are, but that is because you have not found your true potential!

I paused a moment. Why wasn’t he going to talk to me in person through these tunnels? Or had he actually wanted Emi and dad to find him? To find us?

                Yes, we need to be found dear Elias. How else could we make such a brilliant appearance as heirs to the throne?

He did have a good point. “Quill, I see your point.” I was suddenly becoming frustrated. “But you have to tell me how to get through here! Otherwise, I could not take up your offer! The one where you offered me a new life! And I want to take it up! I want to join you, my Uncle!

                “Then, please, follow the sound of my voice beloved!” I shivered at that word. Beloved? He makes it sound like I’m a girl. “One more thing, Uncle.”

“Oh?”

“Call me Orin.”

***

(Emi’s POV)

                I looked down one tunnel, hoping that I pick up on something. Just a few moments ago I heard both of their thoughts. They were unprotected, and having a conversation with one another. But hell, I don’t really care if this was a trap, their thoughts had faded away, and I didn’t want to have to deal with never being able to hear my sweet son’s thoughts again. Let alone hear his voice, or stroke his dark hair one last time. No, I wouldn’t let my son go down the path of evil like Loki had done. He might turn, and never come back, and I might have to deal with killing even more people from my family.

                I froze, feeling as if I were being watched at this very moment. But I didn’t care. I hoped that the both of them were watching hesitantly, waiting for me to make a move. I walked down one of the tunnels that seemed dim and was not lit up like the others. “I have you now brother.” I muttered, slowly working my way through its bends and drops until I reached what seemed to be what I was looking for. It was a large room, almost resembling the throne room back in Juttenheim. Only this time, there were large statues of people, horrible things. These ice sculptures were demented and looked as if they could come to life. I studied each carefully.

                One had been of him, in his dark, sleek clothing and sword at hand. Another had been of Laufey, resting each hand on the shoulders of two children. I squinted, trying to get a better look. The children looked to be of myself and Quill, before Quill disappeared and Laufey was supposedly ‘dead’. The third was of a great sea monster that had terrorized the people of Asgard for the longest time, before it too disappeared with many other creatures of darkness. Although the truth had been that some had been exiled to Juttenheim. “Ah! Emi! Yes, My sweet, sweet darling of a kinship, my beloved, my sister!” I jumped and looked over to see Quill standing on a ledge with what looked like a throne cast atop and sitting perfectly, waiting for him to rest in it once more.