12- Only Way

Sam's smile made me tremble where I stood.

I stumbled away as his free hand began to reach. I had barely taken a few frantic steps backwards when he had already managed to snake his hand in a c shape around me, just inches away. Before I could go any further, he had curled his fingers behind my back and began to prod me with his thumb. I instinctively backed away from it, not taking into account that it was merely pushing me straight into his hand. The huge thumb was on me quickly, shoving down on my chest so I fell backwards into his awaiting claw. My feet slipped of the ground and I tripped straight into his cupped hand, tensing up as the feel of warm skin surrounded me. I knew it was pointless, but I tried to squirm away from him.

"Come here." He shushed. Just one of his fingers would be enough to hold me down, but now, all four of them were about to wind themselves around me. To my dismay, four fingers curled around my body. He gave a low chuckle when I smacked at his skin, both of us knowing he had me trapped in the hand.

With a scowl, I pushed against the rough edges of the fingers, my stupid stubbornness coaxing me into putting up a fight. Getting picked up by giant people was getting old very quickly. But I immediately stopped when one of the fingers slipped tight around my waist. My arms had gone weak. Once I was in his hold, a smug smile spread on Sam's face, dominating my vision. He pulled me up off the table.
My knees were pinned together in his grip, only my chest and arms free to move. Now, I remembered just how stupid it was to fight against a giant whose hand was bigger than my entire body. My body became still as the table grew smaller beneath my feet, his fingers still latched tightly around me. He smiled at my face, still holding Micah in his other hand. Most likely I was pale.

Now that the giant had both of us at his mercy, he turned his attention to the scuffed jar that was lying pathetically on the table.
"Honestly, Mike..." he shook his head with a voice as loud as thunder, "You shouldn't have done that."
I was jolted around around in his grip as Sam leant over to him, "Here, you should apologise."
To my horror, he let little Micah slip into the grip of the other human.
"No- no," I stared to strain. Only, Mike didn't even frown. As soon as the tiny boy was dumped in his hand, Mike was leaning over to the mass of bags and equipment lying in the corner of the tent. My heart sunk, remembering that I had seen countless other jars there before. Confirming my suspicions, his hand swiftly found another empty prison.
"They just got on my nerves." Mike groaned from beside me.
A chill went up my spine, making my wings jitter nervously.

"Still." Sam watched him place the open jar on the table. Both of us were waiting to see what the human would do with the tiny boy.
After he had checked over Micah's trembling body for signs of harm, Mike simply placed the boy inside the crystal. Each movement of his fingers was gentle and slow; he cradled the tiny body in the dips of his fingers until the hand was close to the bottom of the jar. Only then did he nudge Micah into the prison, and even then he barely used an ounce of force. When Micah slid safely out of his fingers, he removed his hand from the jar. Slowly, so he didn't hurt the small body inside. Then turned to meet Sam's teasing look.
"That was a pretty shit apology."
Mike just shook his head, laughing quietly, "Shut up, Sam."

Now trapped inside the jar, the boy looked around frantically. He pressed his hands against fresh glass once he found me. Though he was clearly still angry with me, his face had twisted up with worry upon seeing me in the giant hand. As usual, Sam paid no attention.

I gave Micah my best brave face, trying to tell him that I was fine, but even I knew that it wasn't very convincing. How could I act like I was okay?
The small boy then went abruptly taut. Shaking a little, he took a few steps backwards and distanced himself. Not from me, but from the thing that was gripping me. I gulped, already feeling the eyes on the back of my head.
All of the attention was on me when I turned. Two spotlight eyes were staring down at me, watching my ever movement. I looked back at Sam, not daring move as he held me before him. What do you want now?