💫Dreamcatcher💫

Taehyung is a dreamcatcher. Jeongguk is a dreamer. Taehyung has the ability to make people feel better/dream happy dreams. Jeongguk suffers from nightmares and isn't treated fairly.

Top! Tae
Bottom! Gguk

TRIGGER WARNING:

(edit, 2022–start) this story has elements of child abuse, and not only that, but child abuse portrayed in a very toxic way. this is very old and the way i've written about this serious issue is not good. i've chosen to not take it down as this can be an example of things to look out for when writing about such topics.

please educate yourself if you have the chance. it's not something to be taken lighthearted.

now, this could have been worse, the way i've written about it, but it's still not good. it's saddening how easy it is for people to write about these topics, without knowing the harmful impact it can have on the victims of these crimes.

this is not meant to be a message that orders you to never write about such topics again, but rather a reminder to be careful. sit down, and think about what you're writing. it'd be lovely if you'd be able to shine some light onto these issues, but it's important that it's done realistically. i.e: if you plan to write about SA elements, nobody is going to get over such a traumatic event in one day. there's something called "recovery" and it takes time. a long time. of course, everyone's traumatic experiences are diffrent and we cope differently, but overall, it's something that sticks. it takes time.

if you're interested in trying to learn from my mistakes in this story i'm going to leave comments with the first thing written being "lesson:" under each thing that can be done better, so look out for that if you're interested, or simply curious.

thank you for listening <33 (edit, 2022–end)

(Not edited, sorry, I'm too lazy)

o o o

Dreamcatcher noun
Pronounced: /ˈdriːmkætʃə(r)/

Normally it would mean a little object, you can put beside your bed, that will help you sleep better, thinking it will catch your bad dreams. But that's not the only thing a dreamcatcher is.

Name: Kim Taehyung
Age: 20
Specialty: Catching dreams

Kim Taehyung is a dreamcatcher. One of the best ones, you could even say. Ever since his 5th birthday, Taehyung had a special talent. All of his brothers and sisters were good dreamcatchers too, but not at the same level as Taehyung.

December 31th. Today is the big day. Yesterday Taehyung turned 20 and therefore will today be assigned a dreamer.

Dreamer noun
Pronounced: /ˈdriːmə(r)/

Normally it would mean a person who dreams. It still does for a dreamcatcher, but there's more to it. A dreamer is a person from the human world, dreamcatchers get assigned to take care of/catches their bad dreams, and instead makes them dream about the happy little things in life.

He stood in the waiting section of the tent, nervous, as he ran his fingers through his black, slightly curly hair. He wore a light, sand colored button up shirt and some light grey pants, with the shirt tucked down in them, and a white belt to keep his clothes in place.

The ceremony will start in a few minutes. He heard a faint voice calling for him to get out of the tent and go to the others, waiting. He took one last shaky breath and walked out of the tent to all the other 95s.