IV - Talking

The Doctor carefully indicates to a small bench underneath the control panel and you take a seat on one side. He slides in beside you, making sure that the two of you were facing before he begins to speak.

'Right then,' he starts, taking your hands in his delicately. 'I assume Amy has already pitched this to you,'

You smile and nod your head.

'Travelling in the TARDIS is... something. Something like nothing else you will ever experience. It's dangerous and wonderful and magical and scary- but worth every second.'

He speaks with his eyes full of wonder and inspiration. It's very clear that he adores travelling in the TARDIS.

'But,' he continues. 'I have to stress the whole 'dangerous' part. It's not always safe. And I know we don't know each other all that well yet, but there's one thing you have to know about me. I always put my friends first. I would do anything to keep you safe. If you were to travel with me, I can assure you that you and Amy and Rory would be my sole concern.'

You look at him a little breathlessly. It'd been too long since anyone other than your brother had shown this much dedication to you. Inhaling quickly, you breathe out with a smile.

'Well, not your sole concern,' you reply. 'There are galaxies to save,'

'I meant what I said. Sole concern. Yes, saving galaxies is always a bonus, but above all I have to keep you safe,'

Looking deeply into your eyes, he shuffles a little closer and clasps your hands a little tighter in his.

'So?' He cocks his head a little, expectantly. 'Will you?'

'Will I what?' you reply, knowing exactly what he was implying.

'[Y/N] Pond,' the Doctor says, rolling his eyes a little and standing in front of you. 'Will you do me the honour of joining me in my travels around time and space?'

You nod wordlessly, before speaking. 'You really think I could say no?'

The Doctor pulls you up from the bench and throws his arms around you, and you can tell he's smiling widely at your response.

'Still not a Pond,' you add as you pull away. You laugh and climb the stairs up to the control panel, only to find Amy and Rory crouched on the floor above where you were a few seconds earlier.

'Were you two listening in?' you ask, folding your arms.

'Maybe,' Rory mutters quietly. He knew this look on you, and knew to play along.

However much you tried, you couldn't stop the smile from creeping across your face, especially when Amy came bounding towards you, pulling you into a hug.

'I'm glad you're coming with us,'

'Me too,'