Part Eighteen

For a long time, nobody spoke. I had so many questions on my mind, I wanted to really believe my body was not craving for a criminal, I wanted to believe there could be an explanation to the killings I saw him do, I wanted to know him more, to believe that he really had a family and he still had a soul in him.
“You said you are in love with me?”
He did not answer for a while.
“I’m irrevocably in love with you” he answered after some time.
“Then can I ask some personal questions.”
“I will answer any question that will not compromise my mission.”
“Mission being me?”
“Yes.”
“My question is very intimate and I’m just asking out of inquisitiveness.”
“Ask your question.”
“I know you are not a virgin but has it been long?”
“Wow that was out of the blue Ella. No wonder you did not want to ask.”
“So?”
“Since I was seventeen, my first experience.”
“How old are you.”
“I can’t answer that, it will compromise my mission.”
I just did not understand how telling me his age would compromise whatever he was calling a mission.
“Are you not seeing someone else now?”
“I’m seeing you.”
“So you have not slept with any girl since you fell in love with me?”
“Yes.”
“What happened to your first love?”
“I never had a first, you are my first.”
His words were making my heart leap, like something was rubbing it. I did not understand why I was believing his lie.
“You did not love the first girl you slept with?”
“Hell no, my first was a prostitute.”
That was shocking and unbelievable.
“You discovered she sleeps with different guys?”
“No, I knew she was a prostitute and I paid her.”
“You are weird. Is it that girls did not like you?”
“I had no time for girls, I had no plan to have sex, my sister initiated everything.”
“I don’t understand.”
“My sister and I are very close, although we fought a lot and still fight now, we are close and most times, she always slept in my room and she always dressed in my presence, so I have seen her half naked most times. But she started acting weird when we turned seventeen.”
“You guys are twins?”
“No, I’m older.”
I was confused but I wanted him to finish his story.
“So?”
“She would sleep on my bed wearing transparent night gowns. I could see her pant and bare breast, but I did not see it as anything until she asked me if I was normal. I was at first confused. She told me I did not have current and I was not male enough. I never knew she was trying to seduce me not because she loved me, she was trying to study biology of the male, crazy girl.”
It felt weird for someone to talk about his relationship with his sister that way, I did not have a big brother but I knew it was not right, something Grandma would see as an abomination.
“I know what you are thinking and you are wrong Ella. We are not related biologically, I came to become her brother when I was fifteen.”
That cleared everything.
“So?”
“I actually believed her, I thought something was wrong with me, so I went out that night to search for a prostitute. I saw one at a motel and I told her I wanted to sleep with a virgin prostitute and she told me it was my lucky day because she was a virgin prostitute… ”
My laughter made him to stop talking.
“I was not that dumb at seventeen” I said after I could control my laughter.
“Like I said, I was never interested with things like that, I was too involved with trainings and trying to meet up with my education and I never felt aroused, so how was I supposed to know a prostitute could not be a virgin?”
“So you paid more for sleeping with a virgin prostitute?”
“Yeah, she had to teach me a lot, but the important thing here is that my sister was wrong, I had current. When I got home, I told her the problem was with her, I even shared my experience with her and made her believe she was not attractive enough to make me aroused. This my crazy sister went to look for a prey. I did not see her in my room, so I had thought she was angry with me, not knowing she went out to act as a prostitute. I only knew she was not around when I went to her room to apologize. I was worried because no matter how we hated each other, I always felt protective of her because she was so wild. She came to her room at midnight very excited. She told me I was the problem because she saw what she was looking for when she pretended to be a prostitute. She said she was taken to a hotel by two males and she saw their erection just when she had only pulled her clothes and her pant was still intact. That was what my crazy sister was looking for. She said she preferred practical biology of the male organs to theory.  This girl told this men that they could keep their money that she had gotten what she was looking for. It takes a lot of control for a man to act normal when pushed to the brim and they had no control and she  ended up knocking them unconscious. She did not end there, she stabbed them before leaving. Then reported to the hotel management that some men tried to rape her, they should go check on them.”
I should not laugh but I just could not hold it.
“Your family is crazy.”
“The good news is that we know we are crazy. I had to lecture her to never do that to a man but she said it doesn’t matter if she was naked as long as she has changed her mind, they should have respected themselves. That is why I told you rape occurs because they can do it. Assuming she was not trained it would have been a different story.”
“But where were your parents when all this stuff were happening?”
“Her dad is always conscious of her but he had his first issue with his wife that night which continued till the next morning. I wanted to report her so her dad would enforce a stern command to stop her from carrying out more experiment. But they were arguing and you won’t believe how crazy their argument sounded.”
“What could be crazier than what you and your sister did?”
“Her dad was called by his family to get a new wife who would give him a son. He said he had no idea why he was called but saw a naked woman in the room he was asked to enter. He came back home to query my mum.”
“I thought you said you guys are not related.”
“We are not related but I see her mum as my mum and her dad as my instructor.”
The only thing I could think of was ‘weird.’
“So he was blaming your mum?”
“Yes, he was asking her what she did to him, where she kept the charm she used on him. He could not believe he did not have an erection in front of a beautiful naked lady, he said he even felt repulsive. He ran home thinking something was wrong with him, only to discover he was okay as soon as he saw her.  He felt my mum was using something on him. He forgot he was somehow confessing that he saw a naked woman and na so quarrel start.”
I started laughing.
“You really grew up under a weird family.”
“And to top it up, my sister reported me stopping their quarrel and changing their focus to me, I reported her and it was after some talking, I discovered I was played and there was nothing like virgin prostitute, they had to give us sex education that day.”
“You had to waste your money.”
“I did not.”
“You said you paid her more.”
“Yes but I went to collect my money when I knew I was played.”
“And she gave you back?”
“I collected it back and added extra changes for damages, then I returned her pause with a note explaining what I did. It was a fair deal.”
I was laughing forgetting who he was. I just could not believe all what he was telling me was real.
“So your family runs an assassin creed.”
“No.”
“Then what?”
“We are the good guys.”
“You can call it all you want but it will not change who you are.”
He did not answer. After some minutes of silence, I started feeling sleepy.
“Can we go back? I want to sleep.”
“We still have time, sleep, I will be watching.”
He turned and pulled me to lie on his legs. I felt the wave of sleep overpowering me. I allowed the wave to carry me away and as I disappeared to oblivion I heard him talking.
“Emmanuella, I wish you will open your eyes and know who your true enemy is. You need to find that file and end this cause I have people I would want you to meet. I know what we do takes its toll on us but my family is now big and even though we are crazy, we are happy we have sane ones to return to. When this is over I will take you to see them, to see those who give us reason to protect the weak. I will take you to our new empire, you will be safe there and you will enjoy what life is supposed to be, love, laughter, family and oneness. Somehow, the women and the little creatures are changing us, Wolf’s pup, the twins and especially the latest addition to the family, she is the first of her kind, the first female ever to be born to the family of the hunters and she is a beauty to behold, beauty that can give a troubled soul peace with just a sight. Those who rated the most beautiful baby on the internet have not seen her. She does not only have beauty but love radiates from her. I’m sure you will find a bit of solace there, you will meet her mother who had also lost everything like you.  She is an epitome of peace and happiness. You will know it’s possible to live again, it’s possible to have that family you’ve lost. And they want to meet you, to help you live again.  Just think of where that file is, then we will go there….”
I could no longer hear him but as I lost complete consciousness of my environment, I thought of what he had just said and it made me confirm he was deceiving me, playing with my emotions to make me see him as the good guy and my savior because the place and family he just described did not exist.