Part Twenty one

I could not believe I would ever want someone dead but in just four days, I was wishing for the death of someone for the second time. He did not answer, not that I was expecting him to. He was just protecting his interest and nothing outside meant anything to him.
“Roger that. Just track who is with his phone and track his last caller and last caller of the last caller. Take control of the eyes, let me take her home.”
I wish I understood what he was saying but I only knew he was taking me home and I did not resist as he held me on my shoulders.
     For the first time, he followed me to my room. He made me sit down on my bed, told me to wear my goggle and inserted something in my ear.
“You can only hear, if you have a change of heart, pull everything off but I was already planning to visit them. You did not make me and you cannot make me stop. You must understand that. I don’t want you to feel guilty when this is over. I don’t even want you to watch but Wild has commanded me to allow you watch.”
“Who is Wild?” But he was already out of my room.
  After some seconds, I stopped feeling his presence and my goggle started that movie thing again. It was as if something was moving and I was moving with it, like it was flying and looking below. The night was clear. There was no sound. I touched the stuff in my right ear, it did not work. I let it be and sat still so I would not feel dizzy from the sensation of whatever was moving.
     It got to one uncompleted building and started going down. It must have stopped by the window. I saw lots of boys sitting down on blocks. They were drinking and smoking, some had pistol on their laps. I recognised few of them. They were the ones who attacked Emeka. Another person joined them and almost immediately, I could hear what they were saying.  He knelt down while they clapped and hailed him. There was pistol in his hand. The one Emeka had called Boss started pouring drink on his head as they hailed him.
Ghost was right, it must have been his first task to prove he was tough enough to be part of them. He was young, shouldn’t be more than eighteen, yet he could pull the trigger and shoot someone on the head. He brought out a phone and handed it to Boss who smashed it on the ground as they cheered on.
“You are now fully confirmed. Welcome to the most dreaded…”
He stopped talking. I was concentrating so much on him that I did not notice that alien thing was in the room.
“What is that Boss?” one of them questioned.
The one kneeling down turned to see for himself. Those with pistol pointed it at the alien stuff, including Emeka’s killer. Ghost came in from one of the windows but I must be the one only one to have noticed him. They were all looking at the alien thing.
“I heard you claiming my work.”
He was very calm that I could almost feel fear. They turned to face him. From their stance they had no idea who to point the gun at. From those I could see their face, they were shocked Ghost entered without being noticed.
“Who are you?”
“Same question all the time.”
He crossed his legs, hands in his pocket, like he was waiting for a friend to join him for a stroll and guns were not being pointed at him.
“You must have heard of me from Ako, because I knew he was looking for me.”
“Ghost.”
“Correct.”
“So you are the Ghost guy, and you and your gang killed him and injured his boys.”
“Ako was looking for Ghost and he got him, you are not looking at Ghost. I’m just here to send someone to the underworld. Lucifer is waiting, and I must do it before the blood of the innocent guy dries up.”
“Today is your lucky day, no uninvited guest comes without permission. That’s my gift for killing Ako.”
“How dangerous are you?”
I wished I understood where he was going with that question.
“If you don’t leave here in the next ten seconds you will find out.”
“How many have you killed? How do I even believe you guys are dangerous as people see you?”
Shit! I knew what he was doing, he was taunting him to confess, he was also going to kill Boss. And he took the bait and started laughing followed by the others.
“I fucked up one guy in town just two days ago and you know what your fucking time is up” Boss said and fired but it was deflected, not that the alien stuff made the bullet magnet to it, it deflected it.
“What the fuck?” Boss shouted and started firing simultaneously. The others joined him. He took the gun of the new guy and fired at the alien stuff which was also deflected. Ghost brought out that glowing baton from his bag and sprung on them. He was very fast. He used karate, kung Fu and even acrobat to fight, no beat them. I was a movie freak and I had watched more of Asian movies before my zombie life started, so I had an idea of what Kung Fu and karate looked like. He was so difficult to follow and he was just too flexible and if I had not seen those defined muscles, I would have believed he did not have a bone. They tried to fight back but the issue was that thing in his hands was like a taser, just a touch was all it needed to shock them and send them vibrating on the ground. They were no match for him. One ran to him and almost stabbed him on his back but he dodged same time sending Boss the stabbers way and the knife went through Boss’ chest. I closed my eyes from the sight. I could not watch.
It was easier to tell him to get justice but watching someone really die was another thing, I could only hear the noises they made as they vibrated from the shock. I did not want to see again.
“Sometimes God pardons criminals and give them a second chance because He is all knowing and sees their heart and brainwashed mind, so I was taught. But if God allowed you to be in my arms after murdering an innocent soul, then it definitely means there is no second chance for you.”
I did not know when I opened my eyes. Ghost was holding the new guy close to him, his neck bent and a knife on his throat. The others were still on the ground but from the way some were struggling to stand up, I just knew they were all still aware of their environment.
“Please” the boy pleaded.
He was shaking and so afraid. I wished I never asked for justice.
“Stop, Ghost don’t. Please let God punish him” I begged but there was no sign to show he heard me.
“Tell me how he died?”
“I called his line and told him to come out, that we were going to give him his last task and free him….please.”
“Continue.”
That calm voice was sending chills to my body.
“When he came out, I pointed the gun at his head and shot him, please, it was the work of the devil. I will never harm even a fly if you let me go.”
“What about the girl?”
I did not understand the diversion. He did not answer. Ghost pushed the knife to his throat.
“It was Boss, before I went to waste..sorry to kill Emeka, Boss forced the girl here and raped her, then he made me rape her too then two others, then sent her away.. I swear it’s the devil.”
I could not hold my tears, I felt like strangling him, how dare him blame the devil?
“Did he beg? When you had the gun on his head, did he beg?”
“I’m sorry.”
“Answer me.”
“Yes sir, he begged me, he said I should shoot his hand and he will not report me, it will be like he was running away and I did not get his head as instructed, I’m sorry, it was the work of the devil.”
“That’s why I’m sending you to meet him.”
Ghost slit his throat without warning and I closed my eyes but I could still hear the dying sound he made.  I pulled out the stuff in my ears, I pulled the goggle away and just cried.
I must have become evil like Ghost because I was not crying for the two dead cultist, neither was I crying for Emeka’s dead body. I was crying because justice had been served, the police would never solve the murder case, students might still be confused about Boss and the new guy’s death, Emeka’s mum would cry and place curses on his killers, but they will never fully know Emeka’s killer was dead, they would never know Emeka got justice. I would be the only one aware and appeased that he didn’t die in vain. I took Ibrahim and as I laid on the bed, I could not stop thinking about Ghost, I wanted to believe he was the good guy. Although nothing would change what I saw him do, I was going to give him the benefit of doubt.