audition

"these are the comments from jacob ben israel's most recent glee club blog." mr schue sighed placing the article on top of the piano.

harper and artie glanced at each other, both of them rolling their eyes at the teacher.

"we get it mr schue, everyone still hates us. so what? so we're plankton on the high school food chain, only difference now is that none of us care." kurt proclaimed.

"they're right mr schue, we're a family. they can bring it all they want none of it is going to break us." mercedes insisted.

harper looked to her left and beamed at the girl, offering her hand out which mercedes gladly took.

"i'm really happy you've all bonded." mr. schue smiled. "the problem is, with all this negative stuff going around, it's keeping other student from joining."

"do we need anymore members? we already have twelve." tina spoke up causing a murmur of agreements throughout the group.

"if we want to go to nationals. if we want to beat vocal adrenaline, we have to go from a small rebel force to a giant wall of sound." mr. schue exclaimed.

"mr schuester's right guys. you didn't see vocal adrenaline at regionals, they were incredible." rachel started, getting out of her seat and joining mr. schue at the front. "we're going to need more voices to beat them." she finished.

"yeah, i'm with rachel on this one." finn said joining the two at the front.

"gross." "disgusting." brittany and harper muttered in unison causing a few laughs to erupt from their friends.

"you're going to have to trust me on this one guys. now, here's the plan. nationals are in new york this year, and we're going!" mr. schue grinned. harper gasped, a bright smile making its way onto her face.

"now, let's go out there and show the school how cool we are. if they're not going to come to us, then let's go to them." mr. schue declared, ushering everyone out of the choir room.

-

harper let out a shaky breath as she sat at one of the lunch tables, attempting to pull down the sleeves of the 'new york city" t-shirt she was wearing. she had never been fond of performing in front of her peers, especially when half of them had thrown slushies at her in the past.

"you're going to be fine." artie reassured the girl, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"but what if they laugh at us? or, or throw food at us, or even slushies!" she rambled, tilting her head slightly so she was facing him.

"then i'll wheel you out of there." he laughed.

a faint smile appeared on her face before muttering out a quick "thank you."

"hurry up or you're going to miss the beginning!" rachel scolded the two, grabbing harper's hand, pulling her towards the others.

once the performance was finished harper felt nervous, it was eerily quiet, no applause, no nothing. harper looked to her right, locking eyes with santana who gave her a small thumbs up with a smile.

her eyes were torn away as brittany grasped onto her hand and dragged her towards the school's entrance.

"we totally blew it." harper said as her and brittany strolled down the corridor, lacing their fingers together.

"we could always bribe someone to join." brittany chirped, bouncing slightly.

"how would we do that?" harper queried.

"we could find a fairy and sell its fairy dust to anyone who might want to join." she smiled, glancing down at harper.

"yeah, i'm sure that'd work britt." harper grinned at the innocent girl as they turned the corner.

-

the new directions sat in silence, gazing at the clock above them. harper rested her head on brittanys shoulder, both of them dozing off as they waited.

"well, i hate to break it to you, but it doesn't look like anyone's going to be joining us." rachel spoke out, startling harper. "i think we should call it a day."

harper sighed slumping down in her seat, disappointment bubbling within her. "just wait." finn exclaimed. "my buddy sam's gonna try out, he totally idolises me." he finished, smiling to himself.

"face it finn." kurt called from the back. "you're no longer the quarterback, you're not pied piper anymore, no one wants to follow you around thinking everything you do is cool. he concluded snatching his bag off of the floor before storming out.

one by one, everyone began to file out, the thought of not being able to compete prominent in their minds. "for the record, i still think you're cool." harper smiled as she walked past finn. "thank you." he murmured giving her a small smile.

———————-
a/n:
hii, thank you so much for clicking on my story! i'm sorry this is a short chapter, i'm going to try and make the other chapters longer. also please don't be afraid to point out any spelling or grammar mistakes i've made.

don't forget to comment and vote, i'd really appreciate it.

i hope you all have a good day/night <33