Chapter 7

Aurora's P.O.V.

"I heard about what happened to Mary." I say to Francis as we are walking the garden together.

"It is a tragedy but thank god that the guards where there." Francis says responding to me.

"Speaking of tragedies, I heard that you and Bash broke up." Francis says continuing the conversation.

"Just for a while... I think. He knows he is the man I want but it is hard with your mother and all." I say explaining to Francis.

"You know how Bash is. Aurora, he is going to grow tired of waiting especially seeing you smiling and laughing with Christian. If he thinks you have a better life of being queen then he will not interfer."

"Then he should interfer. He should know how much he means to me. I prefer marrying Bash than being queen."

"Do not say that too loud." Francis says before I nod.

"Say what too loud?"

"Sebastian." I say as he is standing beside Francis and I.

Ever since Bash decided to call off our relationship, we have not really talked. We both have been very busy recently or may I just say I. Sadly Christian is taking too much of my time for me to spend time with my loved ones like Francis and Sebastian.

"Francis, you are needed you in the throne room." Bash says speaking up after a couple seconds of silence trying to not make eye contact with me.

"Aurora, come join me." Francis says before hitting my hand playfully.

Francis is trying his hardest to hint to both of us to get back together but we all know Bash would not want to risk my future. Or maybe he is a bit insecure because people known him as a bastard but I do not care about that.

"I would be delighted to come. However, I should be here for when Christian departs to Paris."

"You are not going to Paris with your fiance?" Sebastian asks me before I shake my head.

"I have been to Paris numerous time, I should not go once more if I do not have to." 

"Also Aurora needs a break from that man." Francis adds in before I nod.

"Christian is driving me crazy."

"You should excuse us. Francis is needed right now." Sebastian says before I nod once more.

"Sebastian, can I talk to you privately?" I ask him before he stays and Francis starts his walk to the throne room.

"Look I now we ended but I do not want to lose our friendship or that you are not even making eye contact with me." I tell him before he nods.

"Aurora, I can not stand the image of seeing you with another man."

"But you are not seeing me with another man. I have not laid my lips on his because they belong to you. I belong to you and no matter what tittle he holds... he will never change who I belong to." 

"Aurora, please this is for the best. I should get going." Bash says before he starts his walk towards the castle.

"Wait Sebastian." I say yelling after him.

"Is he bothering you?" I hear Christian ask me from afar.

"Oh no, I asked him to do me a favor. However, he is quite busy so he will be unable to help me." I say lying to him.

I feel guilty having to lie to people but I guess this is what it has come down to be able to be with Sebastian.

"I could help you, my lady." Christian says as I see Bash enter the castle.

"Do not worry, Francis will have time to help me. Enjoy your time in Paris, I will be waiting here when you come back."

"I am sad you would not be able to join me. Are you sure you do not want to come? We can still make it in daytime if you pack now."

"I am sure. I am needed at the castle and do not want to let them down."

"Do not worry. When you come over to Norway, you will do as you pleased and no one will be able to stop you. Future Queen of Norway." 

"Have a safe trip, I should get going." I say before leaning in to kiss his cheek.

"You will be miss." I add in before making my way to the castle.

Thank god, I get to be free for a couple of days. Now I will be able to have free times in my hand to either just be having fun, helping Katherine, and being with Bash. Well if Bash lets me spend time with him. Hopefully he will.

I quickly make my way inside to go meet up with Mary's ladies. If I have to get on Mary's side, I must start with her trusted friends.

~~

"He had fun?" I ask Francis speaking about his little brother meeting his new fiance.

We are currently in the celebration made for the new engagement.

"He did, he even  gave her a flower. She was quite nervous at first but Mary helped with that." Francis says before I notice him smiling to himself.

"You seem to fancy Mary recently. Have you tried giving her a chance?"

"I have. I assume you have not tried with Christian?"

"I have tried to give him a chance but it is hard. I can not give him a chance if I am in love with someone else."

"Speaking of Bash, there he is. Go ask him for a dance while I go help Mary. It seems as Simon is getting to her." Francis tells me before I nod.

"Wish me luck." I say hoping Bash does not reject me or I will be embarrassed.

I tried to walk as casual but elegant towards Bash since I can not have the nobles speaking rumors that when Christian is away, I have an affair.

"Sebastian, would you like to dance?" I ask him after I make my way towards him.

"You know I am not much of a dancer." He says rejecting me as he has been doing since he found out about Christian.

"I understand, have a good night then." I say ashamed of myself before Bash chuckles.

"I would be down if you would like to go riding?"

"I would like that."

"Meet me in the stable in an hour."