Chapter 12

Aurora's P.O.V.

KNOCK

KNOCK

"I should go get the door. Hide." I tell Bash before I walk over to my chamber's door.

I open the door to see Francis. Right, he wanted to talk to me earlier. About Bash I assume?

"Sorry I could not speak to you earlier. Can I come in?"

"Actually, I was on my way to the kitchen. Would you like to join me?" I ask him knowing he is going to speak about Bash and I do not want him to hear.

"I think it would be best if we speak privately." Francis says as he tried to enter my chambers but I block him.

"We should go to yours then." I say trying to hint that Bash is in my chambers.

"The kitchen it is. We do not need to start rumors. Your family will hate me if I ruined one more of their daughter's reputation." Francis says understanding that I am with Bash.

I quickly leave my room and shut the door behind me. Francis and I start our walk towards the kitchen.

"What is so secretive that you could not say in front of your brother?" I ask him knowing they share everything. 

"Step-brother. Earlier in the Harvest Festival, both Mary and Bash missing and I decided to go look for her. I found her exchanging bodily fluids with Bash." Francis tells me before I look at him confused.

"You mean they kissed?" I ask him before I nod.

"That is impossible. Bash would never betray me like that." I explain to him taking Bash's side since he is my lover. 

Bash would never betray me like that. Bash would not risk hurting my feelings just to get with another woman. 

"I am truly sorry, you know I always want what is best for you." 

~~

"I still can not believe you have not kissed Bash. You can easily see the sexual tension between you two." Olivia says surprised since I have not told her the truth.

My sister, Olivia, has always been a very selfish person. She always does what is best for her. Therefore, if I tell her something that could put me in any danger I would never tell her because she will never keep her mouth shut. 

"There you both are." Francis says coming in front of us.

With the looks of him, you can see he barely slept. He has light bags under his eyes and his mood is different than what it usually is. 

"You've come to join us?" I ask him before he shakes his head.

"I've come to go have a talk with Olivia if you excuse us."

"Mhmm sure, talk with Olivia. Have fun you two." I tell them before leaving them alone and heading back inside the castle to see what I could do next. 

"Aurora." I hear Bash speak as he comes up beside me. 

"Yes?" I say not really interested to talk to him since Francis told me what happened that day at the festival.