Chapter 8

Aurora's P.O.V.

"Glad you could make it," I say sarcastically as Bash has arrived half an hour late to the stable.

"I made it, didn't I?"

"What's wrong?" I ask being concerned for him even if he did break up with me yesterday.

"Look Aurora, we broke up. You have to let me go."

Well, guess we are not going riding anymore or were we even going to go?

"I thought we could be friends?" 

"I do not think that is a good idea."

"Is it because of Mary?" I ask him before he chuckles.

"Are you jealous of Mary?" 

"I am not jealous of Mary."

"There is nothing to be jealous about. Now can you please excuse me."

"So you just came to tell me we are completely done?" I ask him before he has the chance to leave.

"Look leave me alone, okay? I am done talking with you and everything. We should just leave it at that." Bash says before he leaves... leaving me speechless.

I should have gone with Christian to Paris instead of staying here and getting my heart broken into pieces. I thought Bash was just being stupid when he broke up with me the first time but I guess now he just reassures me that we are actually done. Or is he still playing? I guess we will found out.

-----

They said the festivities this afternoon would be fun but how could it be fun when there is nothing for me to enjoy? Sure I should celebrate this engagement but how am I supposed to celebrate a future weeding when mine with Sebastian has been called off.

It just hurts so much to know he is done with me... done with us. And there is nothing I could do.

"It is weird not seeing you beside Bash's side for once," Katherine says as she comes right behind me.

"Bash has other friends to be with," I say after I see Bash across the field walking with some guys.

"And leave you all alone? That is quite unusual. Now tell me what has happened between both of you?" Katherine asks trying to be concerned for me but I am not sure.

Katherine always knows everything. Therefore, maybe she knows about what Bash and I used to share.

"Maybe he grew tired of spending time with me," I say not trying to tell her what actually happened.

"Impossible. That does sound like the Bash I now." Katherine says as we now both change our view to look at Charles playing a game with his new fiance, Madeline.

"Sooner or later he will try to get with Mary," Katherine adds in before I look at her a bit insulted by what she said.

"And why is that?"

"Fresh meat. A challenge. Going after a girl he knows he can't have."

"If you excuse me," I say as I see Francis and Mary have parted and gone their separate ways or may I just add in that Mary went to speak to Bash.

"Be careful with Bash. You know his reputation and you have a lot at stake." Katherine comments before I part my way with her and make my way towards Francis.

May I say Francis looks nice with what he has on. Like the red just fits so well with his skin and hair.

"Francis."

"Aurora."

"You alright?" Francis asks me before I nod.

"I'm fine, why does everyone keep asking me that?" I ask him slightly offended not sure by the fact that Bash and Mary are speaking or by what Katherine told me.

"How are you holding up with the whole break up thing?" Francis asks being speaking softly so I do not try to get defensive.

"It's killing me that he has been ignoring me the whole day."

"That's the only thing killing you? That Bash is ignoring you?"

"And he might have played me like the other girls."

"Bash really loved you... never forget that."

"Honestly it is whatever now."

"It is not whatever because you do care for him. I know you Aurora, what else is bothering you?"

"Look I used to know what my place was here in French Court but now that I am not with Bash... I do not know where I stand." I comment explaining why I feel so defenseless.

"You have a place to stand. As I recall you are future Queen of Norway." Francis says trying to cheer me up.

"And I achieve that by marrying a man I have never loved and never will."

"You promised me you will give him a chance. You will never know if you will love him if you do not give him a chance."

"I should give him a chance but I am going to let the story of Bash and I finish first."

"To be honest that story looks like a tragedy just about now. Why wait for it to end if you know you will be more heartbroken. End the story now and start a new one with Christian." Francis says as I look that Bash and Mary have both disappeared.

"Well, it looks like the story between you and Mary looks like a tragedy too."

"Pardon me, I did not mean to be mean. I just feel so helpless." I add him before Francis put his hand on my shoulder.

"You are not alone, Aurora. You have me by your side." 

"Speaking of sides, I should get going," I say knowing I have to find Katherine because I have a responsibility to her.

I am not sure if I should call it responsibility or the fact that if I do not follow her orders I can be beheaded.