8-𝔑𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔪𝔞𝔯𝔢𝔰

Jace's P.O.V

Based on what just happened Scarlette just had a severe panic attack

I knew that wasn't good because my best friend Marco used to have them all the time from PTSD. What happened to Scarlette. It was so hard to see Scarlette like this all I wanted to was my baby sister back and the family we once had. When we were all happy.

After Scarlette had collapsed none of us could wake her up after minutes of trying. So we decided to just leave her in her room until she wakes up. We were all worried sick and were trying to process what had just happened.

"Luca this is your fault I hope you know this", Chris spat angrily.

I knew he was kinda right but we were not here to blame anyone obviously what Luca said did spark something in her.

Luca was looking guilty and just kept his head down.

"Chris we can't blame anyone obviously something went off in her head when Luca said that but we're not here to blame", Xavier said.

"Why do you think she had a panic attack?", Flavio asked.

"I don't know but...but do you think something happened?", I asked.

I knew my brothers were confused about my theory, but I've dealt with things like panic attacks and PTSD with my best friend Marco. I hope she never had to deal with anything Marco went through or even worse. Which is what I was definitely scared about, but I knew I would have to do some digging.

"What do you mean something happened", Luca asked alerted.

"I mean in...in the foster homes she's been to", I said cautiously.

All my brothers looked confused but all the signs were there.

"Remember when Scarlette said that we don't know what a foster home is like, and at the mall, she was acting strange", I said going over what I recall.

"Your right she also mentioned that we thought we protected her, what does thought mean", Xavier said his eyes widening.

We were all slowly starting to realize something might have really happened to her.

"and let's not forget when she ran away when Flavio asked what happened In the foster home", Chris added.

All my brothers suddenly looked scared. Maybe they were afraid to accept it. Maybe they needed confirmation because that was definitely my case.

Then all of a sudden we heard a blood-curdling scream coming from upstairs.

***

Scarlette's P.O.V

Come out, come out wherever you are...

It was David I needed to hide maybe this time I will be able to escape

I heard him pounding down the stairs while I ran into the kitchen pantry

I tried to close the door quickly but accidentally slammed it causing a loud bang to echo around the house

My blood immediately ran cold and at that very moment, I just wanted to die.

I could tell he heard me and it took everything in me to not cry or make any noises

I heard his footsteps approach the kitchen and I started shaking

he was gonna find me, I just knew it

I knew he had some type of torture in mind for me especially since I made his food cold, I'm so stupid.

All of a sudden he banged the pantry door.

I let out a scream of fear

No.

No.

No.

"I knew I would find you, my little princess"

He opened the door and dragged me by the hair and up the stairs

he took me to the bathroom and the water had already been prepared in the bathtub by Anna.

I knew exactly what he was gonna do and this was not the first time he had done it.

Out of all his forms of torture, this was one of my worst.

He yanked me by my hair and held my head above the bathtub

"Looks like your going for a swim", he said and I could hear the smile in his voice.

He roughly dunked my head in the water causing my bottom lip to hit the edge of the bathtub and bust right open.

I tried to scream but my head was underwater...

He brought my head up and did it 3 more times while I was screaming and crying and gasping for air.

He then yanked me out of the bathroom and threw me on the bed undoing his belt while his wife Anna sat there drunk and watching.

Why me

I knew exactly what was going to happen so so I started screaming and begging.

"Please don't do this!", I yelled.

"PLEASE!",I screamed.

"NO STOP" I screamed again.

Then everything turned black

I sat up on my bed breathing heavily up and down while crying. Once my eyes had cleared up I looked around surprised to see all my brothers around the bed looking at me in horror.

Oh God no...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Sorry if this chapter might seem a little short for you but to cheer you up this story is gonna be filled with a bunch of drama and betrayal, but there will also be romance and wholesome moments. I don't know about you but I like watching or reading about drama that I'm not apart of.

Anyways I'm almost at 400 views thank yall so much for giving this book a chance <3