Chapter 4

A/N: This chapter will have the 'intro chapter' by the end of it. If you feel like you've read it already, that's why.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THURSDAY

Hongjoong shifts on the couch in an attempt to feel comfortable, but no position seemed to help his tense body feel more at ease.

Work was a bit rough today, so he just wanted to relax and watch some TV, despite his attempts, every little thing that crossed his way seemed to stress him out even further. The softness of the couch below his body felt off - uneven, the voices coming from the TV were screeching in his ears more so than ever. It was already dinner time but even the thought of fixing something to eat annoyed him as well. His entire existence felt annoyingly off today.

Hongjoong huffed to the television, frustrated at nothing and everything at the same time, and raised a hand to switch channels by swaying it left and right. Nothing on the screen appealed to him at the moment, so he brought his other hand up and motioned down with both hands, signaling for the TV to turn off.

He sighs and lies his whole body flat on the couch, stretching his arms and legs, trying to release some of the tension on his muscles. Once they relaxed, he softly yawns and stays there for a while, eyes shut closed, not wanting to move or do anything at all.

"Joong, have you eaten anything at all?" A beautiful voice resonated the living room, startling Hongjoong for a second. The blonde felt his temples twitch, tensing every muscle back to its original stiffness. All he wanted was a time for himself, to relax. "Do you want me to cook anything for you?"

"I haven't, and no, I don't. I don't feel like eating, I had a bad day." Hongjoong confessed trying to maintain a politeness to his tone, for his own good.

"Oh, I'm sorry about that. Is there anything I can do for you?" Mingi walked over to stand next to him, which only made Hongjoong curse silently. All his efforts to relax were slowly going down the drain.

"No, there isn't, I just need to relax here for a while, alone, by myself." He hated having to explain everything to the other, specially when he wasn't in a good mood like today. But he never took any of his hints.

"You should eat something now, before it gets too late. It won't be good for you." Mingi insists, earning a heavy sigh from the blonde.

"I don't care what I shouldn't do, I don't want to eat, okay? I'm not going to repeat myself again, leave me alone, now." The older commands with all his remaining composure, trying not to get too worked up on this stupid matter. He turns to lay on his side, facing Mingi's opposite way and exhales tiredly, closing his eyelids. He assumed the taller didn't budge at all, since he couldn't hear or sense any movements behind himself, but still tried to commit to relaxing and maybe hopefully drift off to a nap.

"Okay, I understand." The taller paused, but before Hongjoong finished letting out a sigh in relief, he continued. "But you really shouldn't nap here, let me take you upstairs."

And then, he snapped.

"Leave me alone! For fuck's sake!" Hongjoong yelled at him, throwing all the cushions around him at the man, who just stood there, unfazed. "I don't need a fucking babysitter, a fucking mom. Mingi wasn't like that, he would never act like this... He wouldn't... Would he?"

The blonde brought both hands to his face, which got wet instantly as it encountered the tears streaming down from his eyes, he wasn't even aware he had been on the verge of crying all this time, on the edge of snapping like that. What's wrong with me? He couldn't even know for sure what Mingi would do right now, he had no way to answer his own question, everything felt off and suddenly he's confused.