Change of plans

*ZENDREAS POV*

"You are here in regards to my son, Khan."

"What about him?"

Mr Kaius sits up straight leaning over, resting his elbows on his knees. His gazes are piercing and intense, like a calm storm that has seen many things in one lifetime.

"Khan is the eldest and heir of our family business. He is also the most difficult of the lot. My sweet child, what I need, is a strong woman—someone who knows their way around guns and is also not afraid to speak up when needed. A woman with a good head on her shoulders and does not back down from a fight. I was assured that woman is you."

I narrow my eyes at Mr Kaius.

" Doesn't explain what this "job." has to do with Khan, Mr Kaius."

"He needs a woman by his side. He is well, how do I put this..."

"Trigger happy."

Lucas speaks as he sighs, running his hands over his face."

"Sure we will go with that."

"I'm confused. You want me to be what precisely to Khan? Target practice.? A punching bag.? If it's any of those things, trust me, sir, you have the wrong women."

"No, of course, not dear."

"Then what.?"

"Try wife."

I snap my head towards Lucas so fast. I'm surprised it didn't completely come off."

"His what now?"

"His wife, my dear. For eight months."

"Why the hell would I agree to this? I mean yes I need the money but this.. this is just crazy."

"I understand how it sounds, but all of your needs will be taken care of, and you will no longer be in financial distress."

That is true. When my mother was going through chemo, my brother and I worked 24/7. Seven days a week, and it still wasn't enough. We were on the verge of losing everything just to try and cover my mother's medical bills. Sadly,
nothing could save her, and she passed three months ago.

"Does Khan know about this."

"Yes. He has agreed."

"Why."

"Because if he didn't, he would not inherit our business, Lucas would."

"You don't want it, Lucas.?"

"I want my brother back more. He was a great man, happy. Maybe you could bring that back."

I just sit there, staring at the two men who wait for any form of response from me.

"I know this is a lot to take in love, but I promise that you will be well taken care of."

"what about safe.?"

"Of course, you will be safe. No one under this roof will harm you."

"So, you don't need me to care for you.?"

"I have nurses and staff for that dear. That was just an excuse to get you here."

"Who told you about me.? You obviously know a lot about me and my situation."

"Marcus Graham"

"As in my brothers best friend, Marcus.?"

"That's correct."

"Dead motherfuc.."

"Please, do not use the language in my presence."

His voice was stern and direct. I gulp down my anger and nod.