Nine

"Jeongguk-ah..."

The alpha heard the whisper, but he scrunched up his face, trying to brush it off because he was feeling tired and wanted to sleep. He was half-way through falling asleep, seeping in the wonderful warmth and scent that came off Jimin in waves. Honestly, not even the cold could make him chilled, especially when the omega was tucked so comfortably under his chin.

However, Jimin was already tapping his chest, feeling a finger kissing down the length of his front soon after. Jeongguk could feel his body react to such a thing, the fluttering feeling of his heart pulling the alpha back from beneath the surface of sleep.

Still, he tried to fight the omega, growling gently at the disturbance as he tightened his grip on the omega. He felt a gentle tremor ripple across Jimin's form, perhaps in response to the alpha's sudden need to secure Jimin well against him. Either way, the omega fit perfectly well in his arms, and Jeongguk didn't want Jimin wiggling away from him any time soon.

"I haven't brushed my teeth yet; do you happen to have a toothbrush to spare?" Jimin's voice was so small, and Jeongguk could feel his breath on his neck.

Of all the times.

"It's so cold, why get out of bed now, we're already here."

"I don't want to wake up with my mouth all gross." Jimin huffed, and he was suddenly prying himself away from and Jeongguk wanted to groan at the absence of the other, feeling Jimin rustling up in bed, before getting off. "Do you have an extra toothbrush or not?"

Jeongguk curled up into himself, feeling a bit groggy but finally allowing his wakefulness to take over. "Yeah, in one of the bathroom drawers."

Hearing the omega pad out of the room, was enough to have Jeongguk sighing, waiting several seconds and wondering if Jimin was going to call for help in getting water. However, he got nothing, and after receiving nothing but silence, the decided to finally throw off the blankets.

Chill erupted all over when he was met with the cold air, feet growing cold as he stepped on the carpet. Rubbing his eyes, the alpha set off to find the omega, only catching him walking back from the kitchen with a candle in hand that Jeongguk didn't notice Jimin taking. Balancing some bottles of water, Jimin hummed as he passed the alpha.

"Glad you were more than prepared, Jeongguk. Sorry, but I really can't sleep without brushing my teeth." Following the omega into the bathroom, Jimin set the water bottles down, before placing the candle on the sink.

It wasn't that much of an illuminator, but it was enough for Jimin.

"It's fine, I need to brush my teeth too."

Normally, any other time would have been casual, brushing away at their teeth in the near dark; Jeongguk standing behind the omega while Jimin went about his business with his own brush. However, Jeongguk was suddenly taken back to three years ago, a similar situation having crossed his mind, only that time, things had already been rocky, and it resulted with an angry Jimin and Jeongguk sleeping on the couch.

You don't touch me. Ever.

Jeongguk winced at the memory, trying his best to not think about the misconduct he committed years ago, upsetting the omega and just making their relationship that much colder. But everything was like a bad rash, something just resurfaced and Jeongguk wanted nothing more than to just bury it.

However, maybe it was because he hadn't fully confronted such a thing, that he was feeling very put off about it.

The alpha slightly shook his head as he returned to brushing his teeth, glancing upwards at the mirror, and catching Jimin's knowing stare. Unlike before, the omega's face wasn't coated in surprise; their pheromones were not high like before and the omega wasn't submitting to the alpha's presence.