Mortals Meet the Oracle

Super generic story. If one of the names is your name, please don't take offence, they're just names. Also, let's just say Rachel doesn't go to Clarion Ladies Academy anymore.

Rachel POV

The gods are idiots. Absolute idiots. Yes, that is thunder, but I don't care.

You see, they had the marvelous idea to tell the world they existed, because normal mortals won't think demigods are mutants or freaks, but they won't say it out loud. Instead, they pretend to be demigods.

"Hey Rachel!" Savanah Wilson said, walking *cough, strutting, cough* up to me. Her blue contacts sparkled like Apollo's teeth, and that isn't good. Her ten inch heels click on the floor of Happiness Sparkles High, and her crop top and bootie shorts show way to much.

"So, honey," she said caressing my cheek. "Wanna go to the movies tonight? Maddox is coming. Same with Brent. We can fix you up with a cute guy."

"No." I said, pulling away. I had a small dagger in my boot, and I was dying to use it. I could say she died from too much makeup. Who could say no to that? The only reason they invited me is I was Wayne Dare's daughter, therefore giving me a chance at popularity. I declined it.

"But hon! I'm the daughter of Hera, godess of love and beauty. I can make your love life perfect."

The overhead thingamajigger blared a message, saving me from her stupidity. "WE HAVE A SPECIAL GUEST WITH AN ANNOUNCEMENT TO MAKE STUDENTS. PLEASE REPORT TO THE CAFETERIA IMMEDIATELY."

I ran from Savanah's grasp to the lunchroom and sat down. My friend Calypso Moonlace sat next to me and asked me who it was. "I dunno." I responded.

"I have a bad feeling about it." she said back.

"SILENCE!" Mr. Glitter, our principal yelled suddenly. For the first time, we shut up. I knew what everyone was thinking. If I be good, I can go snog all the cute boys/girls and get back to my life. My dad stepped into the room wearing a crisp suit.

"Hello students of Happiness Sparkles High. I hope find you well?" Nobody nodded and he continued. "As you know, the mutants have taken over the world. We must find a way to exterminate them. We will therefore make a demigod check. We take this needle and poke the finger of every person, starting with this school."

I radiated fury. Next to me, Cal did to. "Are you a-" I asked, but she cut me off. Btw, Rachel hasn't met Calypso the Titan yet.

"No." she said. She seemed tight, but something told me she was telling the truth.

"They also have an Oracle. We will detect it with with a scanner here." my dad continued. "We round them up, and then make them feel bad about themselves to the point of death."

My patience wore out. I dug out my Celestial bronze dagger (with and iron hilt, so I could touch it) and threw it.

I wasn't aiming to kill, just catch him off guard. "Rachel!" he yelled.

"What? I asked too innocently.

"You get to go first. Come up here young lady. Your friend goes next." Cal paled.

I walked up and he put the needle through my finger. "Rachel honey, you're going to be fine."

Doubtful.

And then he lifted the scanner. It beeped frantically, blowing my cover. My dad stared at me with evident shock and then sneered. I stumbled back. What was happening?

A blinding light flashed and Apollo appeared in the light. "Everyone!" I yelled. "This is Apollo, god of dramatics!"

The hall was silent. Then, as one, they all knelt. Except me, my dad, and surprisingly, Cal. She just waved shyly and said, "Hi Lord Apollo."

"Hello sweetie!" Apollo said.

"Don't call me sweetie." she growled. I wondered how she knew him.

"Mr. Dare!" Apollo announced. "I must ta- wait! I feel a haiku coming on!" Me and Cal groaned. Everyone looked at us like we had a death wish.

"I am the coolest
Mr. Dare, you are possessed
I'm still so awesome

"And now!" he announced, grinning like a maniac. I am here to take Rachel, my oracle, and Calypso, a mortal Titan, to Camp Half Blood, location unknown."

Clearly seeing Apollo as a threat no longer, Savanah sprung up and said, "Take me back too!" she cried. "I'm a daughter of Hera, goddess of love and beauty!"

Apollo frowned charmingly, which I didn't even think was possible. "You're not on my list." he said dramatically.

SWACK.

THUMP.

I smacked my dad and the eilidon got out. His eyes rolled back in his head then focused on me.

"Rachel. Are you the Oracle of Delphi?"

"Yup!" I answered cheerfully.

I tuned him out and listened to Apollo, who was now telling Savanah she wasn't a demigod, because she wasn't on his list.

"But I'm Hera's daughter!"

There was another flash of light and Hera appeared, and turned to Savanah.

"YOU ARE NO DAUGHTER OF MINE! I AM A LOYAL WIFE AND SHALL NOT BE LOOKED DOWN UPON BY MORTALS LIKE YOU!"

She flashed and a pile of manure fell on Savanah's head. Savanah screamed and disappeared under the poop.

My dad had more important questions. "Rachel, when did this happen?" he asked, his voice hardly controlled.

"The day after we left our vacation." I answered honestly.

"So you've been with the freaks for over a year now?"

I looked at him and glared. "They. Aren't. Freaks." I said, and then let Apollo take me and Cal back to CHB.

She was more the pretty, shy girl that all the boys fell for. She was a former goddess, in love with a 'scrawny char-boiled runt' AKA, Leo Valdez

958 words! Also, please don't be silent readers.

Natalie out